Main Menu

Sector 13 - Belfast Based Fanzine

Started by Splank!, 14 May, 2017, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splank!

FITZTHARG WAITING FOR HIS GUINNESS

Over the past few months 'Sector House 13 - The Pit Crew', a 2000AD fan group from Belfast, have been hard at work putting together a Fanzine for the recent Enniskillen Comics Festival.  Sector 13, edited by Tharg's Irish cousin, Fitztharg, is the result.

We involved as many members of the group as possible drawing writers, artists, photographers and cosplayers from among our ranks to come up with a zine that we are all very proud of. 

Our Cover

At 24 A4 pages, the zine features a unique Mega-City One photostory a tale of Judge Death and one of Fitztharg's Future Shocks.  We have a few copies of the first print left, if you would like one, or would be interested in getting involved in future issues drop a line to our e-mail address, Sector13@boxofrainmag.co.uk or send £5.50 (post paid) via paypal using the same address (UK only - if you are elsewhere drop a note to the address and we will sort something out).

From "Justice Perverted", a tale of Mega-City One

"Inside We're Dancing" our Future Shock

Sector 13 is a non-profit Fanzine.

ZenArcade

It was an amazing experience putting this together with my Sector House 13 friends in Belfast.
We received limitless help and advice on how to undertake this.
We brought on board a lot of really talented writers and artists and the end product, in my opinion, shows off their skills in a really professional way.
I hope all of my fellow boarders take a leap of faith and have a look at this, you won't be dissapointed. Z  :D

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bolt-01

I ordered one yesterday and am very much looking forward to it.

Jim_Campbell

Looks great. Also pleased to see you fixed that Shakespeare-ian typo on the cover!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

maryanddavid

Got this on the day and its a great addition to the 2000 AD Zine tradition.
Full colour and some great art, it makes for a great read. The first tale, a throwback to the early Eagle photostories works surprisingly well.  Production is fantastic, I'd say get it before its gone.

Splank!

Typo Jim?  You mean you've never heard of the Starship Titianic?

ZenArcade

I was delighted to wake up this morning to a FB message from a dude in Texas extolling his copy of the Fanzine!!  Z  :D :D :D

Bolt-01

Got my copy and I'm working my way through. So far I'm really enjoying it but I wish you'd given myself or CFM a shout to sub-edit and pass along the benefit of doing this for years.

ZenArcade

That's kind Bolt01.... The thing steamrollered from chat in a pub to reality very quickly.  We are in the process of doing a second issue for Halloween and your input would be both valued and helpful. I will keep you appraised as we go along.  Z

Bolt-01

Zen- no worries at all. I'm more than happy to help out where I can.

ZenArcade

I'm glad you like what we're trying to do, and the potentiality of your help with doing it bigger and badder next time is appreciated. Z

Splank!

After a great response at Enniskillen, were were down to a few copies of our first print.  Still a very few left and new copies with us now.  Contact Sector13@Boxofrainmag.co.uk for details of how to get hold of a copy.

ZenArcade

Hey folks, after over five months hard work we just released our second Belfast based 2000ad fanzine: Sector 13 issue 2.
This issue contains 36 pages of Colour and Black and White stories written and drawn by Northern Irish writers and artists.  There are 3 fantastic posters by Hal Lauren, Richard Harrison and Andy Brown and a two page interview with Glenn Fabry. It is in a glossy, quality A4 sized format and for £6.50 inc p & p it's well worth the read.
It is a non profit fanzine and respectful of all copyrights. PM me for details.  Z

Bolt-01

Already ordered and looking forward to seeing the new issue!