Main Menu

Dante, here's the deal!

Started by Thread Zero, 26 October, 2001, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Nik Dante,

I cannot be bothered to go over old ground with you.:0)

All I will say is I will write my screenplay and then you can judge my worth as a writer.

Arguing over who said this or didn't say that is a waste of time.

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

boy you court controversy don't ya!! thanks for coming back and livening things up, heres me own twopence worth of comment, your helter skelter outline on these pages was awful, sorry mate, but I would love to read some of your subs for future shocks, the recent attempts in 2kad have been so poor, and I did like your point further down, that the pool of writers for 2kad is very small, gordon rennie seems to have something every week for the last few years.
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

I just realised!

Nik Dante is Barry.

Did you read my FS?

Any views on it?
Post them here or email me.

Ta

scojo

pauljholden

That's because Gordon can write something every week for years, how many wannabe writers can do that?

Thread Zero

boy you court controversy don't ya!! thanks for coming back and livening things up, heres me own twopence worth of comment, your helter skelter outline on these pages was awful..

No WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not in a million years!

My idea of an alternate Judge invasion headed by Cal and his cronies was far better than Ennis'.
The sub plot of Dredd being haunted by his alternate Dredd clone was more imaginative too.
The hole appearing and the plaza breaking down in temporal meltdown was way better than Garth's where Dredd takes on the bad guys on his own.

I only wrote about 4 parts too.
There was more plot in my 4 parts than in the whole of Ennis'!

Besides I WOULD NEVER HAVE WRITTEN A HELTER SKELTER SCRIPT.
Mark challenged me.
So I wrote some teaser parts.

I will never accept my H Skelter was inferior to Garth's.

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

it's a shame that comic writers in general don't get the recognition of 'serious' authors who produce one novel every five years. Rennies work is consistant and I don't really see a reason why he should stop just yet, but scojo's question is valid, or is it, anyone got time to trawl the rest of this site and tell us how many new writers there have been in the last 3/4 years?
Member No. 10

Dominic O'Rourke

your right, garths was awfull too!!!! ;)
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

That's because Gordon can write something every week for years, how many wannabe writers can do thatAnyone can write.

Is it quality not quantity that is important.

Any writer can write day in day out.

Rain Dogs was a rip off, of two old 2000AD storys.
They being:

INVASION 1990
DEAD MEAT (series 1 and 2)

So he ain't as hot as people think.

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

what was the strip that had london flooded was this part of invasion (pre prog 100 I think)
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

Mine was far better.

More imagination in my 4 parts than his 12 or how ever long it was!
scojo

pauljholden

heh. And what about Necronauts?

As I've said before, 2000AD is a WEEKLY comic. If you can only produce one amazing script every six years you're no use as a comic writer.

I would note though, that even Rennie his worst has been several million times better than that single future shock you sent me.

Thread Zero

what was the strip that had london flooded was this part of invasion (pre prog 100 I thInvasion 1990 or 1999.

I think it was Invasion 1990.

I just posted that D!!!

Bill Savage.

Post modernist Lad for the 21st Century he was.

scojo

mark xiii

*You* thought it was better than Ennis'

...But thats not hard really is it?

Mark - Feeling very sarcastic

Thread Zero

I would note though, that even Rennie his worst has been several million times better than that single future shock you sent me.

I can write better than Rennie without a pen.

Any day.

scojo

NikolaiDante

>I just realised!
>Nik Dante is Barry.

See? See? Proof positive that Mr Scojo reads what he wants and not what is there.

As everyone knows my name is B-A-R-N-Y

:) :)

Dante

PS Not got the FS yet - where is you send it? (Betcha got my email address wrong)
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense