Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

FACT: Some people just aren't as clever as they like to think they are...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

doktor bee

Fact : i'm not as clever as i like to think i am

Funtwangle

fact
if you are in a room with french people and other europeans these days you cn tell them because they are the ones who dont stick of garlic

doktor bee

funtwangle sir that is offensive they may stink of garlic but there is no need to point it out ;)

House of Usher

No, busy bee, you are missing the point. Funtwangle was presenting an example of irony, the humour of which in this case depends upon the confounding of expectations.

FACT: it is a misconception (though granted, by no means a common one, but one that was nevertheless presented as fact on a Channel 5 programme about cinema 'mistakes') that in the film Meet Me In St Louis, someone walks on set and calls out "Hi Judy!" to Judy Garland who is playing a character called Esther. In actual fact, Esther's suitor, John Truett, has just run for the trolley car and the voice from off camera is calling "Hi Johnny!"
STRIKE !!!

Dudley

FACT: Monkeyfish are among the most disgruntled species on the planet.http://www.gothicroseantiques.com/Copy_of_ape4.jpg">

Roger Godpleton

Sweety the Chick and the Crazy Frog are the worst things ever invented.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Max Kon

fact: only 93 more posts are needed for this to reach 1000 replies

Noisybast

Murphy's Oil Soap is the chemical most commonly used to clean elephants.

Richmond Clements

Fact:
I've just spent the morning reading through this entire thread!

I liked the bit in the middle where Bolt was having a fight with his wife.

Byron Virgo

FACT: Polar Bears are left handed.

Noisybast

Fact: It's pissing down & I've only got a suede jacket...

Max Kon

Fact: Rac must have been really bored this morning

Dudley

FACT: Phillip Schofield (43) is a second cousin to both Kofi Annan (36) and Anne Robinson (39).  All three share a premature aging gene that will almost certainly result in their deaths before their 50th birthdays.  Interestingly, Cat Deeley (68) is also a relative, but lacks the deadly gene.

Conexus

FACT: In front of a shop I saw a sign saying 'Please do not eat or drink' since then I have gone home and eaten some food, and drunk some drink, but have not as yet been apprehended by store security, if they are this lax on upholding their rules, next time i'm going to go there and steal some of their goods