Main Menu

Q & A

Started by Malchidiel, 12 January, 2003, 01:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

A: Because a) it's resurrect old threads week and b) nobody likes to leave a question hanging.

Q: Why *was* Inferno so crap?

Moose

a) because it'd all been done before only better, and the editor at the time took his eye off the ball to create starlord.

q) why is sinister dexter so popular when it's so crap?

Floyd-the-k

a) because it`s fun (and hence not crap. Well, not always)

Q) Where does the word `kangaroo` come from?

Devons Daddy

A/
its real name is a KANGA  
but the first long staying family of tourists of which you may well count as ancestors where  named ROO!

hence the missionary wom was there for there needs.
pointed to the native animal of OZ and said its a KANGA roo.

not being the brightest light in the family he then sent an email to his family and friends in the UK.
which he attached a picture of this animal using his trusty camera phone. with the title this is a
KANGAROO.

Q/why dont wll educated and brillant letter writing aussies know simple answers to there own history and heritage.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

A/ they fell asleep during the `explaining aboriginal words` class

Q/ why?

Max Kon

A/
why /w/ adv., conj., n., int., & v. [OE hwi, hwy instr. of hwaet WHAT corresp. to OS hwi, ON hvi, f. Gmc f. IE locative form of base of WHO, WHAT (cf. Gk (Doric) pei where).] A adv. I interrog. 1 For what reason; from what cause or motive; for what purpose. OE. 2 Used with the negative form of the simple present tense in a direct question, to express a positive suggestion. M20. II rel. adv. & conj. 3 On account of which, because of which, for which. Chiefly after reason. ME. 4 The reason for which. E17. B n. Pl. whys. 1 A reason, a cause; an explanation. Now only w. ref. to something specified, and w. conscious allusion to the interrog. use. ME. 2 A question as to the reason for something; a problem, an enigma. M16. C int. 1 Expr. of surprise, esp. surprised discovery or recognition. E16. 2 Emphasizing a following statement, expr. impatience, objection, or reflection. M16.  3 As an emphasized call or summons, expr. impatience. rare (Shakes.). Only in L16. Phrases: know the reason why: see KNOW v. why, so! arch. expr. content, acquiescence, or relief. why so? on what grounds? for what reason or purpose? See also FORWHY.Comb.: whydunit colloq. [after WHODUNIT] a story, play, etc., about the detection of the motive for a crime etc.; whyever adv. (colloq.) ( a ) rel. for whatever reason; ( b ) interrog. (also as two wds) used w. emphatic force in place of why in a question implying perplexity or surprise; why-not (now rare or obs.) ( a ) an argument which attempts to leave the opponent without a reply; ( b ) at a why-not, at an advantage. D v.i. Ask the question 'why?'; ask for an explanation. Chiefly as whying vbl n. E20.whyness n. that which causes a thing to be as it is; the essential reason for something: L19.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright ? 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

q) why did you ask?

Bico

A) Because he was bored.

Q) What is the ultimate purpose of sentient awareness in human beings?

test 4 echo

A: to get laid.

Q: why does my house become a maelstrom of chaos and madness every 28 days?

Max Kon

a) because it's your wife's time of the month

b) why do humans die?

chimpanzor

A) To provide souls for my Soul-Factory, a machine that processes souls, endlessly.

Q) Why do pretty girls make my tummy feel funny?

Max Kon

a) they obviously don't agree with you

q) why do you eat pretty girls?

Dudley

A - It's all a part of the glorious give and take of life.  You eat them, they eat you...

Q - How far is too far?

Bad Andy

A - probably this far

Q - What has happened to Droid Life?

Bico

A) Cat Sullivan gets more money from Viz strips.

Q) Given that all matter is simply a vibrating frequency of energy along a specific wavelength, and that all matter conforms to the basic principle of propogating itself via the pairing of sub-atomic particles - if the green rocks are the only thing IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that can hurt him, and the town is COVERED in them, why doesn't he just MOVE?

Conexus

A) 'cause the writers of Smallville are rubbish

Q) Why are travellers also known as pikeys ?