Main Menu

The best quote I've ever heard.

Started by taylormotm, 20 January, 2011, 09:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylormotm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOWmegu4m4

"This Judge Dredd will be the film that Judge Dredd fans have so richly deserved for the last 40 years.", said Karl Urban.

Mark Taylor

It's nice to know that we deserved the film five or six years before the comic even started. We must be a really deserving bunch. ;)

Professor Bear

Bigger numbers sound better when you're puffing up a character's long-term appeal to those not in the know.  Plus it's a round number - easier for the average punter to remember.  

It's far too early to be picking nits based on soundbites like that - Stallone apparently read the original comics by the dozen and look how well that turned out, while Michael Caine didn't even know his character's second name when Batman Begins was already in cinemas.  A bit of distance from the source material does no harm to an actor.

M.I.K.

Urban also says in that interview "...back in 1977".

He's obviously just rubbish at sums.

willthemightyW

Just because he said forty years doesn't mean he's not a fan. I don't mind if he isn't a fan, hopefully it wont affect the movie. But he may be fan and just, I dunno, said it like that for some reason. It's sometimes what I do, i think right this started in the seventies, it's been forty years since the start of the seventies etc...
Did that make any sense because I've just read it back and it sounds weird.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Mark Taylor

My comment was light-hearted and not intended as a criticism of anybody. Obviously I'm as bad at humour as Urban is at sums. :-\

willthemightyW

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 21 January, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
My comment was light-hearted and not intended as a criticism of anybody. Obviously I'm as bad at humour as Urban is at sums. :-\
Yeh, I didn't think you were criticising him, I was just saying, it's what people, myself included, tend to do sometimes.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

I, Cosh

You pedants are missing the point. This is obviously an allusion to the confusion over Dredd's own age and birth year occasioned by the accelerated cloning provess and is clear evidence that Urban and the rest of the crew are more versed in Dredd lore than you think.
We never really die.

willthemightyW

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/