Main Menu

Rebellion to publish Scream/Misty Halloween Special in 2017

Started by Professor Bear, 20 July, 2017, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

The Phoenix is okay as a gateway to other comics, but I can see the lack of a cohesive identity losing younger readers once their attention spans start to expand.  Apart from the Tamsin strips that appear once in a blue moon, it doesn't offer a lot in the way of substance.

JLC

Quote from: Professor Bear on 27 September, 2017, 06:14:36 PM
So the logo of the girls' comic is bigger than the logo from the boys' comic?  The castration of white male culture at the hands of the matriarchal conspiracy continues.
Good! Not a moment too soon.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Prodigal2

JLC

Looks great. I will be buying the one with the correct cover.

Mattofthespurs

My copy has arrived! I've ordered both covers (in fact two copies of the 'original' by mistake).
I look forward to reading it later.

Hawkmumbler

Excitement in Hawk Towers reaches fever pitch, this is going to be a cracker.

Mardroid

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 14 October, 2017, 10:22:22 AM
My copy has arrived! I've ordered both covers (in fact two copies of the 'original' by mistake).
I look forward to reading it later.

Mine too! Yet to read, but it looks to be a nice quality thing.

I confess I can't compare it to the originals, as I never read any back in the day.* I plan on getting that nice Misty connection at some point, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

* Maybe not a bad thing experiencing this for the first time, albeit I understand the stories will be original anyway.

Prodigal2

Absolutely loved this-Sentinels and Black Max highlights for me. Wonderful updates.

Please Tharg more!!

The Adventurer

I really liked every thing in the special. But most of them read more like pilots to revival then stand alone stories. Thirteenth Floor seems to be the only one coming back for sure. I really want to see more Death-Man: The Gathering and Fate of the Fairy Hunter. Those two really left me wanting.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Prodigal2

I'd love to know how sales for this went and what are the prospects for a wider revival of the featured strips.

The whole thing gave me such a buzz.

JLC

Quote from: The Adventurer on 20 October, 2017, 04:32:27 PM
I really liked every thing in the special. But most of them read more like pilots to revival then stand alone stories. Thirteenth Floor seems to be the only one coming back for sure. I really want to see more Death-Man: The Gathering and Fate of the Fairy Hunter. Those two really left me wanting.
Yes that's what I felt. It seemed more like a first issue rather than a special. If we don't get more then it will be nothing more than a curio piece.

Professor Bear

I got the impression we're getting more Death Man whether we want it or not.