Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteLack of an extra button at the bottom of my dress, damn thing keeps flapping open as I walk

Miiiiiike!  Your friend is teasing the marrieds!  

Mike Gloady

Sorry Tordels, I have no control over what she says.  And believe me I've tried....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

Ooops! Sorry chaps, it's only a minor impediment - honest!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Mike Gloady

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: wild-seven on 19 October, 2009, 02:05:05 PM
Ooops! Sorry chaps, it's only a minor impediment - honest!

For you, but not for the rest of us.

wild-seven

vzzbux

Next you will be publishing photies on the board for us.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

Quote from: vzzbux on 19 October, 2009, 04:37:31 PM
Next you will be publishing photies on the board for us.

V

Your hypnotic suggestion techniques aren't working! You need to take some tips from Derren Brown.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

TordelBack

Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile phones in libraries.  Mobile. Phones. In. LIBRARIES.

Annoying, isn't it.

wild-seven

TordelBack

Quote from: wild-seven on 19 October, 2009, 05:49:40 PM
so not a big fan of the mobile phone then?

In fairness, it's not the phones, it's the PEOPLE WHO SHOUT INTO THEM FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE HOURS.  In libraries.  Without sanction.  It's a library.  There's the door. Step outside and do your shouting and then come back in.  I promise you won't die.  Stay here and I make no such guarantees.

Peter Wolf

I dont want to hear someones mobile conversation when i am waiting to pay for something a shop .They even continue the conversation when they are paying which i think is just plain impolite.

A lot of people have no manners and no awareness of others and a mobile is just gives them the means to be even more annoying than they already are.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Sadly at Christmas one of our neighbours died. She was a lovely woman in her 90's and the house remained empty until a property bod bought it in the summer.
Once alterations were finished it went up for rent at £895 per month, we didn't think it was worth that much, especially as the info was wrong on the website.
Anyway we saw visitors come and go and they all asked us questions but it never seemed to get a tenant. That is until a couple moved in about a month ago.
Now you should never judge a book by a cover BUT...........
I fucking knew it had went to people on the DHSS as there was no way in the current climate that anyone was going to pay that amount of rent. Well they have two large dogs that are permanently locked up in the shed at the bottom of the garden. I have only seen them once. They have two parrots that are kept in their cage in the garden with a bloody towel on the top of the cage to, I suppose, keep the rain out!!!
They have two cats, a tortoise and who knows what else in the house. They shout all the time at each other and there is a small baby in the house, that must be nice for it (don't know what it is).
Anyway they wanted to build a fence and asked if we wanted the good side facing us (as you are supposed to do), I said no mate it's your fence you have that side. Then they began to build it. After I had noticed the first two panels go up I had to stop them and tell them that the fence already there is actually their fence. They stopped for about a week. I was thinking that they would pull the other fence down, well it is logical.
I got up today and noticed three more panels in place behind the already in situ fence. I had to confront the scum. I knocked on the door and asked them what they were doing with the old fence as it would start to rot during the following months once the rain got between the fences and the wind can't get in to dry them out. Plus it looks absolutely ridiculous from our side. Dimbo then says, "You said we could have the good side on our side" to which I said (politely) "yes mate, I'm not on about that, I'm on about you leaving the old fence in place. you can't see how stupid it looks on this side." He then said "Do you want me to take the old fence up."
I then explained that he should have just replaced the old fence with the new as that is what normal people do. Jesus Fucking Christ, I will be glad when the fence is up and I don't have to see these twats again.
I am an understanding person but how does someone think they can build a bigger fence behind a fence they already have!!!!!!!

Banners

That red text right there is a minor impediment(!)

M@