Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Bah! near fight with p8ssed up chums in a restautrant.never good... :(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

;D

I was doing my Rab C Nesbitt impression hands on hips slutrring every word
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Christov

Blast! I can't find my paints at all today, which is a complete shame considering I meant to start finishing up my advent calendar entry.

House of Usher

I had a fantastic night out in London but after the coach ride home, the driver - who was in a hurry to make up lost time after an unscheduled stop in Newport because he'd picked up two passengers for Newport by mistake - threw all the luggage compartment doors wide open and dragged all the luggage out, leaving bags from the side luggage hold on the paved area of the concourse and bags from the rear compartment in a big puddle in the road so he could get all the compartments closed as quickly as possible and hand over to another driver.

When I went to retrieve my luggage from the rear hold the driver shut the door on my head as I bent down to pick my bags up where he'd chucked them. The bigger of my two rucksacks was quite wet, either from being dropped in a puddle in the time it took for me to get off the bus and round to the back, or from water sloshing around in the boot (I didn't get a chance to see inside). When I got home I found the brunt of the flood had been borne by my dry clean only, vintage, tailored dinner jacket, which was absolutely wet through.

That's National Express, folks. Remember the name. In the future, now that I can afford it, I may switch from bus to rail travel for long trips.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

National express is the stuff of Nightmares.

I havent been on a National Express coach for at least 15 years perhaps even 20.

Not for me thanks.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 December, 2009, 11:35:48 PM

Catchy tune, though. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiBI3A2WcrE

Living in a country that systematically destroyed its once excellent rail network, and having a job that required me to move all round it but didn't pay enough to buy a car, I spent most of my 20's on coaches.  They are without question the vilest form of transport known to man.

Mike Gloady

Seconded.

Although given the lack of difference in quality and the MASSIVE difference in price, if I *have* to go by coach (and I generally do) then I'd take Megabus anyday. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Never had any problems with Megabus, and price is definitely a factor in our choice, but lately it's been National Express because of ticket availability - National Express has been cheaper for the trips we've made this year and has run more services at convenient times. Rail, though horrendously priced, is still much more comfortable and I don't have to sort my bags ahead of time into stuff I need for the journey, stuff I don't need for the journey, and stuff I may never see again.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 December, 2009, 05:54:30 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 December, 2009, 11:35:48 PM

Catchy tune, though. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiBI3A2WcrE

Living in a country that systematically destroyed its once excellent rail network, and having a job that required me to move all round it but didn't pay enough to buy a car, I spent most of my 20's on coaches.  They are without question the vilest form of transport known to man.

The Uks rail network as it is is pretty good and is extensive but then if you compare the existing rail network to how it was before the Beeching cuts then its incredible how much of it has been lost.

I dont know how much of the original netwrok is left but in this area you can still walk along the abandoned lines and tunnels etc.Really it should all be brought back into service and whats more it could be done very easily as mostly it would just involve relaying track but you wouldnt expect a commonsense idea like that from the Morons in govt but i am surprised that it hasnt been proposed anywhere.

You can see a lot of the old lines marked on Ordnance Survey maps.

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't you know Peter. In the future they will tarmac those old tracks and then they will become private roads for MP's and their cohorts.

Noisybast

You ever do a seemingly straightforward job that ended up getting epic?
We bought a Christmas tree yesterday. Brought it home, stood it up in its bucket in the hall.
To make room for the tree, I pulled out two seats from the bay window, to discover the wall and floor behind the seats were covered in grim black mould. Cue a trip to the shops to stock up on a variety of bleach-based mould-killing agents and chemical weaponry, followed by several hours of moving furniture around, cleaning walls, floor tiles and the window frame.

The mould has now been eradicated and the tree's in, but it looks like I've been burgled. The rest of today will feature housework. Lots of housework.

Also, Virgin have cross-patched my telephone line (previously working fine), and some other bloke has been receiving calls intended for me since Wednesday!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Gloady

Most of the former railway lines round my way have housing on them.  And, to be honest, Stanmore doesn't need it's old BR station back, the Jubilee Line does well enough.

But then, this is the outer suburbs of the capital - land is at a premium and transport links round here are pretty ace - in smaller towns and cities and especially in the country the transport is so bad and this suggestion of yours, Peter, is a good one if the lines are still mostly unoccupied.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 December, 2009, 01:53:48 PM
Don't you know Peter. In the future they will tarmac those old tracks and then they will become private roads for MP's and their cohorts.

I read about some new offices that are being created or a refurbishment of existing offices for Peter Mandelson @ the cost of 13 - 15 million.

GGGRRRR.

Roger Godpleton

My hands are dirty and it's ingrained so I'm like Lady Macbeth, only I'm mental, a bitch and I like making mud pies.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!