Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Don't brag TB!

Does it really cost €60 just to see a GP? What if you're ill and skint?

I'm pissed off 'cos I was supposed to be seeing that Ian Dury movie tonight, but I'm just recovering from flu and I've got a hacking cough that wouldn't go down well in a cinema, so I'm giving it a miss.

House of Usher

Bad luck for Mrs Tordelback, all questions of cost aside.

We were talking about Family Planning services in the Wednesday night chat only last week. I was once again vociferously deploring NHS family planning nurses' and doctors' knowledge of barrier methods of contraception, which they apparently don't use themselves. Hence their unfamiliarity with issues of texture, flavour (personally I find mint ones particularly revolting), size ("oh, aren't they all the same?") and expiration dates.

I count myself fortunate, though, never to have had one break.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Last summer I was playing in my garden with the kids tearing up and down at great speed. My garden is staged at different levels with railway sleepers. On a return sprint I smashed my foot against one. Bear in mind I was bare footed. Excruciating pain was had by all.
All this week I have been suffering severe stabbing pains along the bone of my big toe. Methinks I have fractured the bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 January, 2010, 07:36:03 PM
Bad luck for Mrs Tordelback, all questions of cost aside.

We were talking about Family Planning services in the Wednesday night chat only last week. I was once again vociferously deploring NHS family planning nurses' and doctors' knowledge of barrier methods of contraception, which they apparently don't use themselves. Hence their unfamiliarity with issues of texture, flavour (personally I find mint ones particularly revolting), size ("oh, aren't they all the same?") and expiration dates.

I count myself fortunate, though, never to have had one break.

Ah, don't get me started on the NHS (he says, at the risk of sounding like a crazed yank)- or more especially the receptionists that guard our GP surgery like demons at the doors to Satan's holiday home.

One example among many: I was prescibed medication for something. When I received the medication, it was the wrong dosage- about half. The booklet said "on no account double your dosage". I phoned the surgery and was told that the GP could under no circumstances speak to me today and that I should instead (you guessed it) double the dosage.

I complained about that.

Then, a few weks later, I took my youngest son to the hospital for some tests, and was told, quite clearly (and given a letter to the same end) that the GP surgery would provide me with the apparatus I needed to do our end of the tests. I took the letter into the surgery, asked for the apparatus, and was refused- by the woman I'd complained about. She said "we never give it out, you have to get it from the hospital". I pointed out the letter, where it said in black and white, that they would- and the timescales concerned (which meant it was vital to do it in the next few hours)- at which point I must have furrowed my brow, because she backed off, shut the glass and made a complaint that I had "become abusive"! I really hadn't- and can only assume that this was straightforward revenge for my earlier complaint.

I spoke to the GP about this later- and from his reaction, I can only assume he thought the same, because nothing further came of it.

I'd change my surgery- but frankly, I believe them to all be the same.

SBT

Peter Wolf

The night before last i chewed out an author of a book in a comments section of a website and now i feel guilty about doing so because i didnt really hear out what he had to say but what i did hear or see quoted i totally disagreed with so the guilt that i have for attacking him is a bit irrational but even so i still feel compelled to contact the author and explain what i mean.I just wish i had made my point a bit less aggressively because it might have been a good debate.

Perhaps it doesnt matter.Not sure right now......
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Some chancer today I am told was ringing all the door buzzers, requesting access as he claimed to be one of the builders working on the block refurb and that he did something wrong and urgently had to repair it. Well Mr Fuckhead, the builders don't work here on weekends, they have keys and if they wanted to gain access out of hours or didn't have keys with them they would have contacted me. Chancer parasite gave a name which is not the name of any of the builders. He had a hood up and was getting agitated when he was refused entry, thankfully due to one vigilant tenant but I shudder to think that someone else might've just let him in as some people don't have their wits about them (eg tenants here who often leave things in their car on show). I put a note through everyone's door in the block telling them not to fall for that trick. Let's hope this stays in 'minor impediments' and not 'Life spugs'. Fucking burglar chancer.

locustsofdeath!

My wife is only four months removed from her 7 month deployment in Afghanistan and the Air Force mistakenly put her on the list to be deployed again in two weeks. We got the news on Friday that she was to be redeployed and had to wait two agonizing days to find out this morning it was a mistake - two days thinking she would be going out there again. Fucking military.

TordelBack

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 25 January, 2010, 07:43:14 AM
We got the news on Friday that she was to be redeployed and had to wait two agonizing days to find out this morning it was a mistake

Holy crepe, Locusts, what a horrible way to spend a weekend.

COMMANDO FORCES

The good old military, remember you are not a human being you are a number >:D

Banners

1. Client asks for a quantity of printing we don't offer, so we reduce the price on a larger batch of leaflets for them.

2. After the job is done and ready to despatch, the client informs us the initial artwork contains two errors - present in their original copy. We make the corrections and do a reprint for free (to keep them sweet) and put it in the production queue on Friday.

3. So with a reduced price and a free reprint, we're losing money. Oh well.

4. Now, after all that, the client "needs" them delivered tomorrow and is kicking up a fuss. Gah.

M@

3. We kindly of

Mikey

Yesterday, I was all set to make a Rogan Josh only to discover I'd forgotten it needed yoghurt, of which we had none - and I was only back from the shops. There was some creme fraiche in the fridge, which may have done the job at a push but it was out of date.

I made a Madras instead.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Roger Godpleton

Hoagy

I was not going to order a curry tonight thinking about the old health and the guilt of lazy spendthrift-ness. Then I go on my favorite website and some bloody bloke's talking about various currys in a bit of a tasty descriptive. And I lost the will to abstain. Dietwrecking mofo. I'll be ordering a lovely spinach one and a madras one to combine with it as soon as I can be bothered to phone. Thanks. Thanks a lot.;-)
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Roger Godpleton

Mum owes me £10.

You give me your number, I call you up
You act like your pussy don't interrupt
I don't have no trouble with you fucking me
But I have a little problem wit you not fucking me
Baby you know I'm gonna take care of you
Cause you say you got my baby, and I know it ain't true
Is it a good thing? no its bad bitch
For good or worse, makes you switch
So I walk on over with my crystal
Bitches, niggas put away your pistols
Dirty wont be having it in this house
Cause bitch I'll cripple your style
Now that you heard my calm voice
You couldn't get another nigga, hoochie wont get moist
If you wanna look good and not be bummy, girl you better give me that money
Aooow...

[hook: Kelis]
Hey, dirty, baby I got your money
Don't your worry, I said hey.
Baby I got your money
[X2]

[verse 2:]
Yo! so I glanced at the girls, girls glanced at me
I whispered in their ear, wanna be with me?
You wanna look pretty though, in my video
Ol' dirty on the hat and I let you all know
Just dance! if you caught up in the holy ghost trance
If you stop! I'm gonna put the killer ants in your pants
I'm the O-D-B as you can see
Every eye, don't you be watching me
I don't want no problems cause I put you down
In the ground where you can not be found
I'm just dirt dog trying to make sum bunny
So give me my streaks and give me my honey
Radio, yes all day, everyday
Recognize I'm a fool and ya love me!
None of you nmph better look at me funny
Nmph you know my name now give me my money!

[hook X2]
Dirty: sing it, sing it girls! (during hook)
Just shake it right now!
Somebody else: if dirty want his money
I think you all should give him his money
Dirty: that's how I like girl

Sexy, sexy, sexy!
Sexy, sexy, sexy!

Sexy, sexy, sexy!
Sexy, sexy, sexy!

[verse 3:]
Yo, yo!
Nigga playing in the club like this all night
Bitches put your ass out let me hold it tight
You looking at my wrist saying "its so nice"
The price bitch is diamonds shining disco light
You better help me solve this problem
Or I'm gonna get this money and rob them
Lucky dig when I won the lotto
Ran up on my car for carrying (ryllos?)
You can call me dirty, and then lift up your skirt
And you want some of this dirty, god made dirt and dirt bust yo ass
Stop annoying me, yeah! I play my music loud
It takes the bastard ol' dirty, to move the crowd
They say he had his dick in his mouth
Eddie Murphy told me that back in the house
But give me my money!