Main Menu

WHAT SHOULD THE NEW MEGA-CITY ONE LOOK LIKE?

Started by Beaky Smoochies, 17 August, 2011, 04:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 August, 2011, 07:03:40 PM
Love him or hate him, he hasn't done too badly for a person who started off with this happening to him!

QuoteComplications his mother suffered during labor forced her obstetricians to use two pairs of forceps during his birth; misuse of these accidentally severed a nerve and caused paralysis in parts of Stallone's face. As a result, the lower left side of his face is paralyzed, including parts of his lip, tongue, and chin

Yeah, to be fair it wasn't his fault he was miscast in a shit film.  He did his best under the circumstances and at the time seemed really into the 2000ad Dredd.  Seeing him in First Blood recently made me realise that he is actually a good actor - and most interviews suggest he's a very smart and witty guy.

As for MC1 in the new film, yeah, it really does seem to be a huge council estate, doesn't it?  Not really a problem for me though, MC1 looks like that in some of the good stories such as Sunday Night Fever, Chopper and Mandroid.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

spacemanspliff

Hi dudes,personally i'm hoping for a kind of fifth element style of Big Meg not the shots we've been given with a few catch wagons in it but please if anyone gets any images of the big meg POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to know for a look at the city is a glimpse of the films direction.
"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 August, 2011, 04:23:32 PMYeah, to be fair it wasn't his fault he was miscast in a shit film.

It was his name that got the film financed. He lobbied for it after Arnie threw his hat in the ring.

Michaelvk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 August, 2011, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 August, 2011, 04:23:32 PMYeah, to be fair it wasn't his fault he was miscast in a shit film.

It was his name that got the film financed. He lobbied for it after Arnie threw his hat in the ring.

Ged to da h wah-gon!
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 August, 2011, 11:26:15 AM

I thought as much but I agree with Jayzus' sentiment. He is an 80's legend regardless of the '95 debacle. Stallone, I mean.

JOE SOAP

Stan

Quote from: Michaelvk on 09 September, 2011, 09:40:37 PM
Ged to da h wah-gon!
:) Always lowering the tone. We're trying to have a proper internet discusion here.

Stan

Why can't we edit posts? I hate this message board.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 September, 2011, 02:11:56 AM
He's an 80's bell-end.

That's a horrible thing to say. I bet you hate John McLane too.

JOE SOAP

Fuzzed

Quote from: Michaelvk on 09 September, 2011, 09:40:37 PM

Ged to da h wah-gon!

*snorfle*

Quote from: Stan on 10 September, 2011, 02:17:31 AM
Why can't we edit posts? I hate this message board.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 September, 2011, 02:11:56 AM
He's an 80's bell-end.

That's a horrible thing to say. I bet you hate John McLane too.

Die Hard 5 on the way. I'm not sure how to feel anymore. You can't hate John Maclaine/Mclane/MacLain/MaClane, it's just not possible no matter what Mr Soap says - he didn't mean it, Stan, just poke your fingers in your ears and chant yippiekiyay back to your happy place - but you can feel disappointed with what they do with his character. And the story. And other characters. And you know, the film as a whole.

I'm still happy there's a sequel though, awesome never-say-die characters should have sequels infinity. Like Dredd. Dredd Dredd Dredd. It'll be 2012 in a few months, folks, which means! - we'll be in the same year as Dredd 2012!! I find that ridiculously exciting.

Stan

:thumbsup:

Well at least it's not a remake. I've no idea why I brought John McLane into this but thanks for the heads up on the sequel. I wasn't aware of that.