Main Menu

Jimmy Carter Appreciation Thread

Started by Roger Godpleton, 03 July, 2012, 11:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Jimmy Carter was a really cool dude and he was president of America. There was an episode of The Simpsons where a statue of him was the lynchpin of the plot. Also they made fun of him in Hate but you can tell they secretly respected him because he was clearly such a cool dude.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Let's start a petition to make Jimmy 'the nut-man' Carter a MOD.

He's ONE of US after all.

Roger Godpleton

Hi Time magazine hi Pulitzer Prize
Tribal scars in Technicolor
Bang bang club AK 47 hour

Jimmy Carter

Hi Time magazine hi Pulitzer Prize
Vulture stalked white piped lie forever
Wasted your life in black and white

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

The elephant is so ugly he sleeps his head
Machetes his bed Jimmy Carter kaffir lover forever
Click click click click click
Click himself under

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

JOE SOAP

Frank

I'm pretty sure 'peanut farmer' refers to something sexual.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 03 July, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
Jimmy Carter was a really cool dude and he was president of America. There was an episode of The Simpsons where a statue of him was the lynchpin of the plot. Also they made fun of him in Hate but you can tell they secretly respected him because he was clearly such a cool dude.

Yeah, the episode where a Springfield resident shouts out, "he's history's greatest monster!", and they so respected him, they voted him out by a 10% margin in favor of Ronald Reagan, the 20th Century's single greatest world leader; won the Cold War without a shot fired or a bomb dropped, proved his liberal critics wrong by NOT starting WWIII, brought back the American economy from the abyss that his predecessor left it in, and won re-election by a truly astounding 49 states to 1 state for Mondale in 1984... maybe you should change the name of this thread to the Ronald Reagan Appreciation Thread, he's far more deserving of appreciation and respect than Carter ever will be!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Frank

Reagan dyed his hair and approved the sale of arms to Iran. Now chill the fuck out and suck on a cold one, dude:

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: bikini kill on 04 July, 2012, 07:16:17 AM
Reagan dyed his hair and approved the sale of arms to Iran. Now chill the fuck out and suck on a cold one, dude:

I agree there, available in Billy Carter Block, perchance?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Roger Godpleton

Why are you posting this stuff at four in the morning? Even I'm asleep then.

The Prodigal

Reagan funded the contras in Nicaragua who butchered people. I  work in the peace and reconcilaition end of things in Northern Ireland and remember letters from an American guy working in Nicaragua who described the activities of the people Reagan described as freedom fighters.

Trout

I was hoping this thread was about Jimmy Carr.

I am very disappointed.

judgefloyd

It is about Jimmy Carr if you mumble enough, or squint at the page.
  Yeah, three cheers for Jimmy Carter!  He jogged, he prayed, he thought he'd seen a UFO*, he mounted an ineffectual rescue mission to Iran while his  successor quietly used the Iranians to sell arms to the Contras and praised South American atrocity merchants.  He had a lot of mockery for peanut farming ** but also commanded a nuclear submarine in his younger years.

yours, Floyd

ps Who is Jimmy Carr anyway?
*all vaguely remembered from the actual 70s

** we had an appalling politician who farmed peanuts - the safe level for carcinogens in peanuts was reportedly set just above whatever was measured on his farm

Mudcrab

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 04 July, 2012, 04:10:18 AM
won the Cold War without a shot fired or a bomb dropped

Single handed. Then rode into the sunset on his horse. See what they made you think there?

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/02/05/142288/reagan-centennial/?mobile=nc

I'm sure there's one of them for Carter too of course, I wouldn't go round defending ANY President of the US, they're all cunts. Except Lincoln of course, he kills vampires.  ;)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Zarjazzer

Well Jimmy C never invaded Iraq under false pretences.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.