Main Menu

Dredd Case Files post Necropolis

Started by Super Mario, 13 September, 2014, 12:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Skullmo on 23 September, 2014, 11:40:30 AM
Case files 20 is one of the best - it has book of the dead in.

Which gives me a chance to roll this out again http://gruddammit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/10-reasons-why-judge-dredd-book-of-dead.html

Brilliant stuff, Skullmo (the blog post, not the story, which as recounted countless times was the proximate cause of my dropping 2000AD after a dozen years).  Although I would note that the Judda line isn't that daft - Judd was Dredd's 'creator', many of the Judda seem to have been Fargo bloodline, and Judd's looney-tunes rhetoric asserted the ancient nature and right-to-rule of his dayglo charges.  So if you buy into the 'ancient Judda' propaganda, Dredd's genetic material is probably the most convenient source.

(In distantly related news, I just received Mongoose's Morton Judd and 4 Judda 28mm miniatures in the post!  McCarthytastic!).

glassstanley

Hmmm...

Number 5 - I always assumed he was using his radio.

Number 6 - Dredd has previous (and futurious[!]) for throwing himself off a building

Number 9 - I always thought that the muties had strayed into the city, which we've seen them do as far back as that story with the Giant Preying Mantis.

But really, that's the best I can do. Is the toilet paper (or any of the others) paying 'homage' to any Mummy films that I don't know about? Not that that's anything but looking for a weak excuse to let the writers off the hook.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Richard on 23 September, 2014, 11:25:57 AM
Well exactly. It's hardly the COMPLETE Judge Dredd if you skip a volume is it?

I'm all for supporting 2000ad/Rebellion products and whatnot, but that seems like a bit of a hard sell there. I think skipping a volume or two shows a healthy sense of.... rebellion:D

Richard

Well it also has "Bury My Knee at Wounded Heart" so there!

Mark Taylor

Quote from: glassstanley on 23 September, 2014, 03:02:02 PMNumber 5 - I always assumed he was using his radio.

Number 9 - I always thought that the muties had strayed into the city, which we've seen them do as far back as that story with the Giant Preying Mantis.

These points are far too logical. You should know never to let logic get in the way of sarcasm.

Skullmo

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 27 September, 2014, 02:07:28 PM
Quote from: glassstanley on 23 September, 2014, 03:02:02 PMNumber 5 - I always assumed he was using his radio.

These points are far too logical. You should know never to let logic get in the way of sarcasm.

Where is the sarcasm?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Frank

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2014, 03:15:23 PM
Quote from: Mark Taylor on 27 September, 2014, 02:07:28 PM

Where is the sarcasm?

Are you being sarcastic now?

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2014, 03:15:23 PMWhere is the sarcasm?

"5. Judge Dredd is Revealed to Have the Loudest Voice Ever.

Somebody call the future equivalent of Norris McWhirter because Dredd's voice can be heard from the top of a building in a busy city! That has to be a record of some sort right? No . . . Oh, it's just bad writing you say. . ."

None of that was sarcasm? So you literally changed your mind mid-paragraph in response to a suggestion made by some unknown individual who was actually talking to you as you wrote. Sorry, I didn't realise all of that stuff really happened, I thought it more likely you were being sarcastic. Silly me.

(B.T.W. I am being sarcastic).

Skullmo

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 27 September, 2014, 08:25:07 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 27 September, 2014, 03:15:23 PMWhere is the sarcasm?

"5. Judge Dredd is Revealed to Have the Loudest Voice Ever.

Somebody call the future equivalent of Norris McWhirter because Dredd's voice can be heard from the top of a building in a busy city! That has to be a record of some sort right? No . . . Oh, it's just bad writing you say. . ."

None of that was sarcasm? So you literally changed your mind mid-paragraph in response to a suggestion made by some unknown individual who was actually talking to you as you wrote. Sorry, I didn't realise all of that stuff really happened, I thought it more likely you were being sarcastic. Silly me.

(B.T.W. I am being sarcastic).

Actually it was my other personality reminding me.
It's a joke. I was joking.