Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

It's a cracking picture and very nice of him to leave so much cocaine stuck to it!
We never really die.

BPP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 July, 2018, 11:00:40 AM
Neil's ink style remains as close to actual magic as any artist's I can think of. The sheer density of lines achieving so much variation of texture and lighting baffles me. It's quite brilliant.

This.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Woolly

Quote from: BPP on 18 July, 2018, 02:58:52 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 July, 2018, 11:00:40 AM
Neil's ink style remains as close to actual magic as any artist's I can think of. The sheer density of lines achieving so much variation of texture and lighting baffles me. It's quite brilliant.

This.

S'right.

Trooper McFad

My amazing wife got me this (without me knowing) for putting up with her for 25 years  :D . I don't think i deserve her or she's after something  :o.

I would have been happy with the sketch but the finished pic is awesome. Now in pride of place on the bedroom wall.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

BPP

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 July, 2018, 09:12:39 PM
My amazing wife got me this (without me knowing) for putting up with her for 25 years  :D . I don't think i deserve her or she's after something  :o.

I would have been happy with the sketch but the finished pic is awesome. Now in pride of place on the bedroom wall.

That's classic. Reminds us all we need more Carlos Dredd.  Well done that lady.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Link Prime

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 16 July, 2018, 08:08:39 PM
My Judge Fish commission by Neil McClements that arrived today.......

What's the hold up with the commissioning of the McClements Droid's official serial number plates?

monkeygod

Nice thick package from Simon Fraser arrived last week, just before I flew off for a quick trip to Dublin. Will post the pages later, but the crowning glory was this great commission of all the International Judges we could think of! Originally we started with about 8 Judges but as I pulled up more reference (in total about 350 images), Simon found more ways to squeeze characters in (for the same cost)! True some are just 'floating heads' but its not like Indo Cit's uniform was particularly original :P
Unfortunately, deadlines interfered and Simon couldn't do the additional colours as well and passed that on to Gary Caldwell - who did a great job ;)

From L to R - East Meg/Sov-blok, Vatican City, Luxor, Sino Cit, Mega City Two (Pug Dredd from the IDW series), Hondo City, Indo Cit, Oz, Mega City One, Cal-Hab, Pan African Alliance, Ciudad Barranquilla, Brit Cit, Pan Andes Conurb, Texas City and the Emerald Isle/Murphyville.

ming

That's awesome (and a great theme for a commission)!

Geoff

Absolutely blinding commission!

Eamonn Clarke

Some of you will have already seen this on Facebook but now the original has arrived in the post from Carlos
here are the Two Alphas 1978-2018
Based on the two Dredds he did for the 40th anniversary print, and a bit of Judgement Day as well.

As the great man himself said on Fb: "Who the hell's gonna mess with us?"

A3 £333 posted with tracking.

Get well soon, Carlos.

Mardroid

That's lovely!

I don't remember that vicious looking bladed weapon, left Johnny is holding. Not to say it's not used, my memory isn't great in some ways. Like a cross between his Electrolux and an extra-large ninja throwing-star!

ming

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 September, 2018, 05:29:30 PM
That's lovely!

I don't remember that vicious looking bladed weapon, left Johnny is holding. Not to say it's not used, my memory isn't great in some ways. Like a cross between his Electrolux and an extra-large ninja throwing-star!

It's a nod to the crystal weapon thing (some kind of precursor to Electronux) that Carlos featured on a Star Lord pin-up back in the day...  Always loved that, one of my favourite ever Strontium Dog images!

Eamonn Clarke

Yup, Ming nails it. The 1978 version is based on that original character design by Carlos that then became that pin-up in Starlord.

Mardroid

Interesting!

And of course I meant 'electronux' not 'electrolux'. I'm not sure if that was my error or the iPad.

Dr Feeley Good

Picked this commission up at Thoughtbubble on Saturday from David Roach,really made up with it..... :D