Main Menu

200ad figures

Started by joe saturday, 03 December, 2001, 04:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe saturday

they should make more figures like dan dare, and skizz. think of more and post them

Wake

Rather than who...how about what type of figures do people want?

25mm lead for role playing
40mm-60mm lead for display
plastic posable action figures (Reaction Figures)
action man style with changable clothing/equipment
statues (Robert Harrop)
model kits (plastic/pvc)
life size pieces of equipment (lawgiver, etc)

Something else? (please specify)

fraston

"
2000AD MESSAGE BOARD

[Suggestions] Re: 200ad figures posted by Wake on 3 Dec 01 at 17:24
In reply to [Suggestions] 200ad figures posted by joe saturday on 2 Dec 01 at 22:10

Rather than who...how about what type of figures do people want?

25mm lead for role playing
40mm-60mm lead for display
plastic posable action figures (Reaction Figures)
action man style with changable clothing/equipment
statues (Robert Harrop)
model kits (plastic/pvc)
life size pieces of equipment (lawgiver, etc)

Something else? (please specify)"

lifesize blow-up anderson doll? ah reckun that'd sell plenty, suh...

F

Wood

personally, I'd like to see miniature figures. Like the 28mm ones citadel did way back... or may be in 54mm scale. That'd be cool. Both sizes are good for roleplaying, and skirmish games and stuff.

joe saturday

i was think ing just the same size as the normal just released ones but in different characters another suggestion is DR and Quinch probably seperately sold. although there could be special size figures like a 12 icnh judge dredd figure like the GI joes, this size has always sold well as figure take for instance the buzz lightyear figure a few years back. also it gives the figure more stature and is just better.

2000AD Online

ABC Warriors are a must by Reaction,but I'd be well into 54mm lead jobs of the same.How about a Bad Company box set by Reaction?Crumbs.THE DARK JUDGES,please in 12".Just more figures.SOON.

NSFTM

i'm not sure if this has been already covered, but reaction figuRES are no longer making them... the contract runs out inabout 8 months (i think) and thats why all the promised abc warriors, etc have not been realeased.. because they were a bit of a failure(some of the figures were a bit patchy as well)
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

joe saturday

i think figures with the detail of the mcfarlane ones would be really cool with all the weapons and stuff but the only drawback with them being like that is it make tem virtually impossible to use without breaking a bit off by accident.

paulvonscott

Well, looks like they havn't been a great success.  I had my doubts as I heard a local shop was selling them for ?1.80 each.  Coming soon to a remaindered shop near you.  Bit of a bitch as I paid full price for mine.  Serves me right for buying toys at my age.

As the Dredd RPG is now going to be made, along with Slaine, that seems a more likely route to getting small portable homunculi of our fave characters.  Mongoose has the rights to RPG, maybe someone should contact Harlequin who licensed the Dr Who 28mm figures and ask them.  They changed their name to Icon, then something else but they might do it.  they also do lord of the rings, as well as those GW cultists who are trying to ensare more innocent folk (if you are a games workshop cultist, don't hassle me, every time I say something it's like the spanish inquistion)

I'm sure you all remember how good those Citadel figures were, they even made Johnny Alpha and Wulf.  

I think there could be a market for inflatable characters with orifices, there are enough disturbed fans out there to make it financially viable.