Main Menu

The 2000AD Advent Calendar 2017 COMMENTS THREAD!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2017, 11:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

SuperSurfer

The annual advent calendar is always a joy.

Wish I could've spent more time on mine. Confession: I started it over a year ago. It was my sketch for last year's calendar that I quickly coloured in. This time round I started redrawing all the characters, sketched Dredd then realised would be impossible to redraw the lot. Every free evening I put aside to work on this was gobbled up by unplanned work rush jobs.

Look forward to seeing the rest.

von Boom

The advent calendar is amazing every year and this year is no exception! What brilliant work! I wonder what's going to happen with CFM?

The Monarch

i hope mines was okay i had a blast subjecting my clueless friend to 2000ad

Rogue Judge

Soo much good art! To catch up, well done to: James (awesome Rogue - want more!), Silver Surfer (great selection of Characters), Colin (fantastic, made me smile), Eamonn (so witty, I enjoy a good pun!), amines (Joe is the man bot!),  NeilFord (great art, somehow kind of sad...)!

Andy, you continue to impress! The art on Credo Hohoho is some of your very best (and creepiest) and " I am the laaAAAH!" is hilarious, this is a story that needs to be told! "Bleat of the Reindeer!"

And finally CFM - great teaser, looking forward to the announcement!

Excited to see more artwork in the following days!

Mardroid

Yes, lovely stuff everyone.

I don't think mine will be done by 23rd, which is a shame as I had a good couple of ideas. Night shifts and being tired all the time isn't helping.* Thankfully, I was doubling with someone that day so at least that slot is filled. Looking forward to see their contribution.

Hopefully I'll still have something, for 23rd or 24th. At the least there's next year.

*I also ordered a cheap light box which I think will help with inking side of things. I dislike trying to rub out the pencil, etc. It always leaves a lot to clean up post scan.  It's taking ages to arrive, though. I've a feeling it will be the other side of Christmas.

Heath C Ackley

The entries so far have been outstanding. Does anyone mind if I jump the gun and give my little piece tonight rather than the 24th?
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Mardroid

flip-r mk2

Another most excellent advent calendar, as always :) Kudos to all who have already posted and also to those who have still too post. My original drawing unfortunately never got further than the sketch stage, between the normal nonsense of this time of year and waiting a fortnight for new drawing pad to arrive on Thursday past, I'll try to finish it off in the new year.
I hope you all have a great xmas (and every other day of the year) :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

abelardsnazz

What a zarjaz creative calendar it is. Thanks to all involved, it gave me a thrill-powered advent. A very scrotnig Christmas to all, and best wishes for a ghafflebette 2018.

ming

So many fantastic efforts on show - huge thanks to everyone who made the 2000AD board advent such a joy this year - and especially Pete Wells as the driving force behind all this.

Dandontdare

Another wonderful advent calendar. Once we have all recovered from the trauma of hearing Pete try to sing on day one, we get the usual smorgasbord of inventiveness, talent and generosity that we've come to expect. Particular shout-outs to Eamonn's characteristic generosity in distributing cool stuff for charity and Andy Lambert's multiple awesome pictures. Still curious as to what Adrian's entry today was!

The Legendary Shark

Fantastic stuff from everyone. Thank you all for giving of your time and talent - the highlight of the year.

And a very merry Christmas and a peaceful new year to all Squaxx everywhere - God bless you, every one.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Thanks to all you very talented people that produced this year's Advent calendar. Marvellous work as usual.