Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Few merchants in Morrowind have deep pockets. There's a mod to give more money that's a little gamebreakey but less frustrating.

Go to one of the altars in Ebonheart, Sadroth Mora, Ald'Ruhn or the forts. Might be a curse. If you've been doing the main quests you might have corprus but it should say somewhere in your stats why.

The Doctor Alt 8

Hmmm... Wonder how I picked that up.... :-*

Theblazeuk

If it's part of the main quest - well go speak to shirtless git (Cassius) in his hovel. He'll let you know how to cure it, though honestly I think you sound a little low level for this to have happened yet.

It's essentially FATE if its corprus.

Cactus

It's a long time since I played this but I think there's someone in Caldera with 5000 cash you can sell expensive items to.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

The Doctor Alt 8

Yep, found him! A scamp called "the Creeper"

I have loads of expensive stuff though that even he can't buy!

Theblazeuk

There's a mudcrab with 10,000 gold somewhere near Vivec.

The Doctor Alt 8

Is there any way to prevent/ cure someone who (even after you have killed them) manages to perminantly damage your attributes WTHOUT having to go to a bloody imperial temple.

I had to go NAKED (almost)  across the bloody country cause some damn mage reduced my strength (with was over 40 and fatigue to 0 so I couldn't even wear cloths.

NO ONE was amused.

jackstarr

QuoteNO ONE was amused.
Really?  I've had some quite amusing responses from NPCs when addressing them while naked.

As for restoring attributes on the fly, you can buy a spell or a potion to restore them.

If you're out and about, away from civilisation, but have a mortar and pestle, you might also be lucky enough to have some of the following ingredients in your inventory in order to make a restore strength potion:

Dreugh Wax
    Gold Kanet
    Horn Lily Bulb
    Scamp Skin
    Stoneflower Petals

The Doctor Alt 8

Perhaps because I was playing a female? All I had was" don't you have any sense of decency walking around like that / I am not amused. "

Not actually figured out how to make a potion (although I have spent money on alchemy training and have a master pestle & mortar & alembic ( raided from dead rogue mages I have killed.... Got quite a few empty cave bases I can use.... Not encountered horn lily bulbs or draugh wax.... But I Can look up supplier on the Wiki page...

jackstarr

If you've not done any alchemy yet, I'd suggest avoiding spoiler lists of ingredients online wherever possible - it's much more fun and satisfying discovering which ingredients work on your own...

Each ingredient has 4 alchemical effects, but depending on your alchemy skill level you won't see all of them.  At low level, only expect to see one effect.  Mixing potions or increasing your alchemy skill by making potions will "unlock" additional effects - but not all of the effects you can't yet see will be beneficial...so you'll need more than just a mortar and pestle.

Just read the info on this main page to get you started:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Alchemy

List of equipment you'll eventually need:
-Mortar and Pestles are the only required instrument and determine the initial potion strength.
-Alembics decrease the magnitude and duration of all negative ingredient effects.   
-Retorts increase the magnitude and duration of all positive ingredient effects.
-Calcinators increase the magnitude and duration of all ingredient effects.

Make as many potions as you can from ingredients you pick up - even if the potions are of no use to your character, you're still increasing your alchemy skill, and they're a good source of cash as you can sell your own home-brew potions.

Theblazeuk

Put everything inna pot

See wot comes out

Enjoy

The Doctor Alt 8

I am at level 43... Last time I spoke to Trebonious ( the head of the Mages'. Guild) he effectively challenged me to a duel for leadership in the Vicece arena. Should I accept?

The Doctor Alt 8

I've caught a blight disease again.. I took two potions of cure blight from a reliable supplier AND been to the Imperial alter & paid for a cure blessing... Niether has worked.. What is going on?  ( No it isn't the corpus ) its hell joint.

jackstarr

Helljoint is a common disease rather than a blight disease - so you need a potion of cure common disease :)

jackstarr

Imperial shrine should have worked, though...