Main Menu

Re: Youtube Gold

Started by Tiplodocus, 28 January, 2008, 09:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteBob Holness donated money to the National Front.

He was also the first actor to play James Bond.  I'm such a hit at parties.

uncle fester

Quote from: the shutdown man on 15 September, 2009, 11:19:55 AM
Speaking of proof of stupidity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=player_embedded

Dear God, this makes me despair for humanity... Americans really don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

TordelBack

QuoteAmericans really don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

It's a very clever bit of vox-pop, particularly the passive interview style, but with any crowd that large you can find nutters that'll say anything to camera.  On the other hand, holee sheet, what a bunch of maroons.  Whatever it is that commie muslim negro terrorist is for, we're against it!  It's like a live action episode of South Park.

Thank God for Glenn Beck!

the shutdown man

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2009, 11:25:37 AM

Technically the second. I am also a hit a parties.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TordelBack

Quote from: the shutdown man on 15 September, 2009, 12:04:43 PM

He was also the first actor to play James Bond.  I'm such a hit at parties.

Bother me not with your Jimmy Bond, CIA!   I'm talking Bond, James Bond.  Maybe we should move this to the kitchen?

the shutdown man

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2009, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: the shutdown man on 15 September, 2009, 12:04:43 PM

Bother me not with your Jimmy Bond, CIA!   I'm talking Bond, James Bond.  Maybe we should move this to the kitchen?

Ohhhhh, so that's how we're playing this is it? Fine, we'll take this outside.....

zombemybabynow

decided i've lost the plot and that's why i'm laughing at this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogkn-U4RpwI
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

the shutdown man

Peter Wolf

Quote from: uncle fester on 15 September, 2009, 11:28:47 AM

Dear God, this makes me despair for humanity... Americans really don't do themselves any favours sometimes.

I have supported that protest and chatted to others who attended that protest but i really do have to say that after watching that video some of it was cringeworthy.I couldnt attend because i am not in the States.

Some of them couldnt even answer simple questions.

The whole point of that protest was it about a whole range of issues and not just the healthcare issue and it wasnt just a protest solely consisting of the religious right either.

Yes a lot of them are stupid but certainly no more stupid than Obaminoids but its a shame that the interviewer chose to interview so selectively.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote...but its a shame that the interviewer chose to interview so selectively.

Not really - in cherry-picking especially photogenic wastes of carbon he was trying to put forward the point that popular opposition to Obama's Health Care is based on redneck ignorance manipulated by the right wing media on behalf of the Republican party.  This is obviously partly true, but the piece masks the fact that a lot of better informed folk are also opposed to it for more-or-less logical (if in my view wrongheaded) reasons.  I'm sure the journo found plenty of eloquent people in that crowd too, and I'm equally sure you could have found the same number of objectionable fuckwits in an anti-globalisation or pro-choice rally.   Making that observation would have undermined the objective.

It's just as biased a piece of journalism as that it seeks to oppose, an attempt to fight fire with fire, but it does highlight a key point.  Nobody minds people exercising their democratic rights, however weird their perspectives, but these particular footsoldiers (and I suspect a great many others) haven't got a bloody clue what they're protesting against, except godless gummint in general and an uppity nigra in particular.  

Peter Wolf

"WE LOVE GLENN BECK !!"

Thats proof of stupidity.

Well meaning and good natured but uniformed and misinformed and uneducated people are easy to manipulate.

Glenn Beck is just an overpaid Hypocritical Blowhard Faux News NeoCon Tool.

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2009, 06:02:33 PM
Quote...but its a shame that the interviewer chose to interview so selectively.

Not really - in cherry-picking especially photogenic wastes of carbon he was trying to put forward the point that popular opposition to Obama's Health Care is based on redneck ignorance manipulated by the right wing media on behalf of the Republican party.  This is obviously partly true, but the piece masks the fact that a lot of better informed folk are also opposed to it for more-or-less logical (if in my view wrongheaded) reasons.  I'm sure the journo found plenty of eloquent people in that crowd too, and I'm equally sure you could have found the same number of objectionable fuckwits in an anti-globalisation or pro-choice rally.   Making that observation would have undermined the objective.

It's just as biased a piece of journalism as that it seeks to oppose, an attempt to fight fire with fire, but it does highlight a key point.  Nobody minds people exercising their democratic rights, however weird their perspectives, but these particular footsoldiers (and I suspect a great many others) haven't got a bloody clue what they're protesting against, except godless gummint in general and an uppity nigra in particular. 

If i want to watch biased media i can watch mainstream media anytime i want .

Its a shame to see a bright and articulate independent journalist doing the same thing but then his Youtube channel was called "MediaLeft".

Still its just one video and its hardly important.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

What I said about Bob Holness was a complete lie.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

uncle fester

I must have come to understand your sense of humour because that's really funny :)

SuperSurfer

Daaam, those 'wacky Czars'.

Maybe they cherry picked those who barely have an idea of why they went to DC but I see many nutty placards so I wonder if the camera operator also cherry picked.  

You have to admit, the guy has a point that Barack Obama is mentioned in the Bible in Hebrew and that this has been deciphered and it does mean he is the anti-Christ.

Good blubbin' from the chubby one in shades. I love that sincere act.