Main Menu

Thargs responses to this weeks letters

Started by Dominic O'Rourke, 16 November, 2001, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominic O'Rourke

In particular I refer to his response to the last letter about comics in general. I understand that many of the readers of 2kad do not read the numerous issues from the american market, many of those same readers bemoan the fact that these larger orginasations 'stole' many of the greatest artists and writers from these pages, this is no reason to dismiss those fans that do regularly read stocking clad superheroes from far flung shores, superman and batman pre date many of the british style comics by years (well five at least), many of the 'pulp' heroes have become defunt in the US and yet the brits still continue to pour these out week after week, Dredd is after all a sci-fi pulp hero(anti-hero), I cant knock one system or the other and do not appreciate it when the editor of one of my favorite magazines does, how insulting of the green bonced one!
Member No. 10

Thread Zero

D,

You beter watch out, Thargy telephone head is a dangerous telephone network to mess with!

I think you mean the penultimate letter in this weeks 2k, not the last one.
By Floydy?

I have it on good authority that Dredd's uniform is actually made of spandex.
So there!

If anyone knows what I am talking about, please let me know.

Ta.

scojo

Dominic O'Rourke

like he would have risked giving a similar answer that would pee off video gamers, what with Rebellion being the owners
Member No. 10

dodsworthboy

Nothing wrong with most american comics i was addicted to them before i had to sell them to get a deposit on our house boo hoo hoo.

nathan

"Nothing wrong with most american comics"

Sturgeon's law says "Ninety percent of everything is crud", but in the case of U.S. comics, Theodore's estimate is too generous. I'd say 99%.

Tharg was right, Spandex for the sake of spandex alienates everyone except fanboys.

N