Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 September, 2017, 08:43:18 PM
Really loved 15 to 1 (in original form) and William G Stewarts straight edge but cheeky presenting style had a lot to do with that.
I love quiz shows (as opposed to game shows) - 15 to 1, University Challenge, and anything else where they stick to challenging questions that aren't fixated on sports, 'celeb' culture and soap operas.

CrazyFoxMachine

Super horrified to hear the news of the loss of the great Charles Bradley. We saw him at Glastonbury three years ago - I knew we'd enjoy the Daptone Records Super Soul Revue but seeing Bradley in the flesh blew us away. The rain was getting more and more intense during his set and during an extended instrumental he leapt from the stage to the front of the crowd where he stood and got soaked with us. The band were becoming increasingly strained as they wanted to pick up the song where it had left off but Bradley wouldn't clamber back until the gloriously named Daptone compere Mr Binky Griptite changed places with him. A pleasure and an honour to see him live. What a performer.

Bolt-01

I am, unfortunately almost completely ignorant of Charles Bradley, apart from his performance in Luke Cage- which was instrumental in my purchase of the soundtrack.

A superb vocal performance.

I, Cosh

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 September, 2017, 08:38:25 AM
Super horrified to hear the news of the loss of the great Charles Bradley.... A pleasure and an honour to see him live. What a performer.
I didn't know any of the back story but I saw him supporting Afghan Whigs a couple of years ago and he was, indeed, a terrific live act. RIP.
We never really die.

flip-r mk2

Randy Scouse Git and father in law of Tony Blair, Anthony Booth aged 85.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Batman's Superior Cousin

Between Anthony Booth, Liz Dawn, and former Newcastle Utd. Chairman Freddy Shepherd, 'tis truly is a shocking day today!!! :'( :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

JamesC

Dirty old bugger Hugh Hefner.
I bet the wake will be interesting!

TordelBack

In before: "Thanks for the mammaries".

Tjm86

Yep.  Will Hugh be the only stiff there?

Tiplodocus

As comedian Jamie Dalgleish noted; "His current wife must feel like she's won the shagging version of THE HUNGER GAMES".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Woolly

Sheffield comedian Bobby Knutt. Star of Benidorm, and husband of the late Donna Hartley-Wass (the blonde lass from Conan The Destroyer).  :(

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Zarjazzer

So sad to hear of Tom Petty's passing. Such a great musician and songwriter.  :'( :'( :'(
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

His family has now said he has passed away.

Very sad about Tom Petty. At his best a fantastic musician.