Main Menu

Link between Midnight Cowboy and some kids programme

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 18 February, 2010, 01:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

It's a long shot.  But here goes.

I saw Midnight Cowboy years ago, and there's an instrumental tune that's played in it (can't remember where exactly, but it's connected with Ratso's dreams of moving to
Florida). It's a jaunty, kind of warm-weather beach sort of tune, if that's any kind of explanation whatsoever.

Anyway I remembered that tune because it was the theme tune of some kid's programme i used to watch.  Anyone know the programme?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

The tune is John Barry's Florida Fantasy (listen here:  http://www.last.fm/music/John+Barry/_/Florida+Fantasy), and the kid's programme was Wildtrack, with Tony Soper.  Aythenkqueue.

M.I.K.

Flippin' heck! I've been wondering what else that was from for years.

TordelBack

Midnight Cowboy was at one time my Dad's favourite film, and I remember him actually making me stay up late one night to watch it on TV with him.  I can't have been more than a sheltered suburban 11, and was genuinely shocked when John Voight asked the lady for money.  It warped my fragile little mind.  Imagine my surprise when Rato's tuberculaic hacking was accompanied by the theme tune to Wildtrack.

JayzusB.Christ

Wow, I'm very impressed, Tordelback.  Thanks - I've had a lot of very tenuous questions answered here over the years.  You people never let me down.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 February, 2010, 01:39:54 PM
The tune is John Barry's Florida Fantasy (listen here:  http://www.last.fm/music/John+Barry/_/Florida+Fantasy), and the kid's programme was Wildtrack, with Tony Soper.  Aythenkqueue.

I recognised this music instantly and i used to watch this on tv back in the day as i was a very keen birdwatcher at that time and i still have a Tony Soper book on the bookshelf.

I thought that this was music from Animal Magic.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Thats sad sad film.

I only remember song that went like this.....

Everybodies talking at me,

can't hear a word their saying,

Only the echo's of my mind....

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteThats sad sad film.
Indeed it is. I went to see it with a female friend of mine; it was all i could do to keep my tears in check.

maryanddavid

Great film, years since I seen it, Dustin is great.

David