Main Menu

Elite could be returning to a PC near you.

Started by Albion, 06 November, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

As I get payed in a exactly a week from today. That will be how long I will have to wait until I can back Elite -Dangerous at Commander Level. Not long now, I can barely wait  :D :D :D :D :D

ThryllSeekyr

As of a couple of hours ago.....

I have now officially submitted my pledge to Elite - Dangerous

I have pledged a day early before I got paid, because I decided pledge for cheaper reward. At only $1,039.32 rather than $2532. I think the price shown here also includes Postage and Handling for the Physical Rewards.
Here's what I will be getting.....

My Rewards

Space Station Name

Have a space station named after you.

Be a design decision forum member.

Participate in the private alpha test.

Be a founding member of 'The Elite' in the game.

Participate in the first round private beta test.

DRM-free collector's premium boxed edition of "Elite: Dangerous". Includes a T shirt with "I backed Elite: Dangerous" on the back, an A3 Star Map and a paperback copy of the official sequel to "The Dark Wheel".

Kickstarter Special: Have the option to start in the founder's world with any starter ship and 4,000 CR. Note: any Kickstarter decal-carrier will be able to travel to this secret system in gameplay.

Digital Download Pack. This includes a single digital download of the game, any expansions and 500 credits when starting a new game.

Access to the private backer's discussion forum.

Explorer: Have the option to start on the edge of explored space with a long range version of the Cobra Mk III and 3,000 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).

Independent Trader: Have the option to start in the Lave system with a basic Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR.
Participate in the second round private beta test.

Download a digital copy of the "Elite: Dangerous" music.

Pirate: Have the option to start in an anarchic Frontier system with a stolen but upgraded Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).

Your name forms part of the naming database (so your name will be one of those used randomly for non-player in-game characters).

Federal Trader: Have the option to start in a Federal border system with a basic Cobra Mk III loaded with cargo worth 1,000 CR and 1,000 CR in cash (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).

Download a digital copy of the official sequel to "The Dark Wheel" novel.

Imperial Bounty Hunter: Have the option to start in an Imperial Colony with an Imperial Eagle Mk II Fighter with upgraded weapons and shields and 1,000 CR (randomised start system choice for multiplayer reasons).

Reserve your Commander name in the game (first come, first served, except Jameson).

Receive the digital newsletter and progress updates.

Be an Elite supporter, and get a digital code when the game is released to apply a transferrable decal to your ship, unique to you, the game's backers.

I have also purchased some Add-Ons as well and they cost a extra $880.78 + $26.43 for Postage & Handling .....

My Extras

Digital Copy of "The Dark Wheel" Sequel - Qty: 1

Ship Decals - Qty: 1

Elite: Dangerous Soundtrack CD - Qty: 1

Elite: Dangerous Mug - Qty: 1

A3 Concept Art Print - Qty: 1

A3 Ship ID Chart - Qty: 1

3D Model: Cobra Mk III - Qty: 1

You may notice I have brought digital as well physical copies of the music soundtrack, novella, and the game itself.

After that and pre-ordering the Slaine - Book of Scars, I have cleaned my self out........until tomorrow morning, when I get paid again. As that was going to be my original time to back this game.

Though, I couldn't wait any longer going for the cheaper reward and saved about $500.

I may buy the other three concept-art prints tomorrow morning after I get payed again, but here is the first one I ordered.....

Now I will need to wait until April for the full Game. Until then, they may send me all the other physical rewards and then I will be able to download the game Alpha in December.

ThryllSeekyr

You have to read these fan-made Elite - Frontier Graphic Novels.

They are free as well.

Based on the Sequel Game to EliteElite Two: Frontier

Five Graphic Novels.

ThryllSeekyr

The evolution of my Signature Image created by Mobius on the Frontier Forums

Too small, too short,

Still didn't say everything I wanted,

Because the Mods wanted it smaller.....

So, they downsized it in Imageshack

After it was fixed again by Mobius,

Now Mobius has replace ELITE - DANGEROUS with ELITE - FOUNDER, (As the name of game is obvious) and extended CMDR to COMMANDER, but written it in silver.

Ah perfect.....

My new joystick has also arrived as of yesterday afternoon.....

Saitek Cyborg X Fly 5 Pc Flight Stick

I really wanted to get this.....

Saitek PS28 X52 Flight Control System Joystick

The one I got is in my price range and I couldn't afford the other one before December and that's when the Alpha Testing Phase for Elite - Dangerous starts.

Yes, I am one of the Alpha Testers. The developers have told us that we will be flying a starter ship with no enemies to bother us and they will add more stuff as the months progress until Beta and then Gamma Phase (Intial Game Release) in March next year.

I will make a video of the unboxing of my new joystick and upload it to You-Tube later.

BTW, a Elite - Founder or Founding Member of the Elite is person who has paid for the previlges of being treated like a Elite without actually working their way to the status of one. They are a very secretive and protected group.

I'm so excited :D

ThryllSeekyr

Here are some Elite related videos I made.....

My Very Meagre Collection of Elite Games & the Unboxing of My New Game-Controller

Unsuccessfully Downloading the Correct Drivers and Software for my New JoyStick-Game-Controller

As of later this morning I found the correct drivers and  software from their official website  and got it working with some help from dad and it does sort of work. Though it's a bit tough to use and may tak some practice. There about fourteen button to assign function too.

I have been try to completely configure to Oolite with a degree of success side by side with some failure.

I will put up another video later.

Here is ones of me using the auto-pilot function in a new game called X3: Reunion (While I make myself lunch in the kitchen) it's from a series of games all called X- Something from a games bundle called X-Superbox while I wait for a another game from the same series called X-Rebirth.....

X3 - Reunion on Autopilot

ThryllSeekyr

My new Uber-Computer has arrived this very night after receiving confirmation of being financed for it by General-Money last Monday......

I7 4770 3.4 GIGA-HERTZ
CORSAIR 16 GIG-BYTES 1600 MEGA-HERTZ
SOLID-STATE-DRIVE 120 GIG-BYTES SAMSUNG EVO
2 TERA-BYTES WB (Not sure what WB means here?)
BLUE-RAY-READ-ONLY-MEMORY LIFES-GOOD COMBO
1.300 MEGA-HERTZ WIFI N ASUS (Again, I'm not sure what the N means here?)
650 WATTS COOLER-MASTER POWER SUPPLY UNIT
COOLER-MASTER STORM ENFORCER GAMING CASE
NVIDIA GTX 770 (Now, not Overclocked and I'm unsure of the GIGA-BYTES, but they were 4 with the PYRON)
WINDOWS EIGHT . ONE
ASUS P10 (This could be PRO, but it's hard to tell from the hand-writing.) MOTHERBOARD
TWO-SPEAKER, ONE SUB-WOOFA WITH AMPLIFIER - EDIFIER C2XD
L527 (27 Inch) MONITOR
RAZOR - BLACKWIDOW KEYBOARD (With Back-Lit Keys)
RAZOR NAGA - MOUSE (With a programmable set of keys)

Cost me just over $4000.00 AUD and I will be paying it off over the course of the next following year.
I have made a very short film of placing the boxes in the kitchen and I will upload it later and put the link for it up here. I will also film the unboxing and setting up of this new Uber-Computer and those links up here as well after they've both been uploaded. Until then, I'm sitting at my old computer (Copying and Pasting from a Online Keyboard because the physical keyboard is busted. The l key completely missing and the other keys don't work without a lot of effort. I had no idea how much I need to type l until I lost it.) doing this right now while the battery to my Handy-Cam recharges at the power-point in my other room.

Game ALPHA is very soon, within the month, within the next few days.....

Game Gamma is March next year.

I would like to know if anybody else is a Elite - Dangerous backer or is merely buying the game after it's release sometime next year.

I would like to start a in game group or guild of people just from this Community Forum and call us the RED-BRANCH-KNIGHTS. Based on Slaine of course. Just thought of it now while listening to Slough-Feg's "Cauldron of Blood" on the X-Box 360 television.

So, if you find yourself playing Elite - Dangerous next year. Look around for a space-craft (I know not which yet?) piloted by Michael Hartwell and rally to my call.

ThryllSeekyr

I am installing the Elite Dangerous Game Alpha for the fifth or sixth time since this morning and I must be the last backer, the only back to have not sampled the game yet :(

The first time I had downloaded the installer early this morning I kept getting this
error[/b]
every time I pressed the play button.

Right, now it's nearly eight pm and I have been re-installing the game since round about five pm after two false starts and it's nearly a inch and barely a centre-metre and about a tenth of the way from filling right up.

I will be making videos of Game Alpha plays and will keep you all posted with links to them.

When I finally start playing that is  :-\

ThryllSeekyr

Here are other Elite Dangerous Game Alpha videos from the other Frontier-Forum backers.

Last Elite Dangerous Game Alpha trailer.

The Game Alpha has been released in a set of phases detailing various flight and combat scenarios.

The ship being used is modified Sidewinder that now has Witch/Hyper-Space capability. Not that it this is used in any of these scenarios as I think they are all set in just the one spot.

Well, I think they do.

Game Alpha Footage One

Game Alpha Footage Two

Game Alpha Footage Three

Game Alpha Footage Four

This was the first video I saw and I was really impressed with the detail inside and outside the cockpit. Just look at it as it starts to smoke right before the pilot gets destroyed.

Game Alpha Footage Five

Game Alpha Footage Six

Game Alpha Footage Seven

Game Alpha Footage Eight

I watched the first two of these videos next. Some great footage here. This game is going to be fantastic.

Game Alpha Footage Nine

Game Alpha Footage Ten

Game Alpha Footage Eleven

Game Alpha Footage Twelve

Game Alpha Footage Thirteen

Game Alpha Footage Fourteen

Game Alpha Footage Fifteen

Game Alpha Footage Sixteen

Game Alpha Footage Seventeen

Game Alpha Footage Eighteen

You have probably seen this happen a few times already. I'm not altogether sure, as I haven't watched every video here yet myself. Though you will see part of the cockpit canopy flying towards you as the pilot's space-ship is blown to bits.

Game Alpha Footage Nineteen

Game Alpha Footage Twenty

You won't have to watch all of these videos as most of them are just different players doing the same phase/mission/scenario. I have just collected evry piece of footage I could find on the relevant thread.

You might also notice the retro machine like guns being used in a lot of them. Despite never overheating as much as the lasers, I believe they may still needed to be reloaded after a couple of rounds.

Wouldn't you know it, but my Elite Dangerous Game Alpha installation has timed out a few more times and it always restarts from zero >:(

I may be here all night and tomorrow morning  :o

shaolin_monkey

You're a one-man-Elite-posting machine!!

Still, I am very curious about this game.  It looks pretty bloody good!

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Chris Tresson

This came out five years before I was born... I had to Google it to find out what the hell this thread was about!

I bet it was great at the time...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tresson on 17 December, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
This came out five years before I was born... I had to Google it to find out what the hell this thread was about!

I bet it was great at the time...

Feck off.

EDIT: And if you want a laugh, Google "Lenslok"
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Have you won the lottery ThryllSeeker? I'd be castrated if I blew that much on a computer game!
Lock up your spoons!

JOE SOAP

Chris Tresson

QuoteEDIT: And if you want a laugh, Google "Lenslok"

Haha! What is that about!?