Main Menu

"Post-Apocalypse"

Started by Funt Solo, 26 August, 2005, 07:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swearengen

>No, you're thinking of Zombies (prog 470) I think - that had things like crash test dummies in it.

Isnt Zombies the one where the guy feels sorry for human looking clones with no brains used for medical experiments and when forms a bond with them and tries to put them out of their misery he's shot by Dredd and thought to be a perp instead of a good guy.

Blobs is the craze where cits have full body moulds or something so they look the same with little grills for mouths. The craze is started by gangsters so that they can carry out the perfect crime. To prevent this all Blobs then have to get tattoos on their heads.

Noisybast

...and if I remember correctly, the talented Mr D'Israeli stuck a couple of Blobs in the background of one of his recent Dredds. Possibly the Nosferatu one?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

Nah, that was the Edginton/D'Israeli Dredd one-off with the time traveller.

ukdane

Talking of EE's, now they're bi-monthly, I do wonder at the EE's shelf-life, given the range of tpb's.

I haven't enjoyed the EE's as much for a while now (although I am glad that Meltdown is finally getting the reprint treatment), as I was hoping the name would mean they would be extreme collections- a bit of text, maybe a new story, and definately themed.

The PJ Maybe EE was by far the best!
Cheers

-Daney

Noisybast

That's the fella!
Honestly Amstor, you've got a memory like an, erm, computer...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Funt Solo

Aye, ukdane, my feelings about the choice of material for the EEs are pretty mixed as well.

On the cynical hand, my money-for-old-rope suspicions swing into full view, thinking "but this story is crap!"  (Bix Barton, MACH #1, Flesh, Ant Wars.)

On the wider hand [I'm a mutant], I have to remember that just because I've read all of those things (mostly in reprint) before, there have got to be Squaxx out there who are seeing that stuff for the first time, and may appreciate it.

What about Armoured Gideon?  If you're going to reprint Bix Barton (which I always considered muddy shite) then surely the big stompy robot should get a look in.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Conexus

am i the only person that liked Bix Barton ?

starscape

Dan Dare v the Biogs.

If Rebellion do indeed own it, stories from Starlord and Tornado,especially the Angry Planet, Planet of the Damned and Mind Wars (not to mention Strontium Dog).

Link: http://www.spitfirecomics.co.uk" target="_blank">Collected Hookjaw volume 1 to pre-order

The Enigmatic Dr X

To me, the difference between a proper GN release and an EE collection is how childish the story is. As an observation, and not a critisicm, each EEs seems to be  slightly cheesy but guiltily good; too childish to stand on its own two feet as a proper GN but too good to be abandoned.

That leaves most of the early 80s as candidates for EEs. So may I suggest:-

Return to Armageddon?

The (original) Mean Arena?

The (original) Mean Team?

A future shock anthology? (Come on, you know it'd be great).

Selected Ace Trucking?

Robo-Hunter?

Rogue Trooper - The Hits/ The one where he goes to the dragon planet looking for Re-gene stuff around about Prog 430

The exception is the Dredd EEs, which I think we have seen the last of and were (I think) issued to co-incide with Meg/ tooth tales and provide cheap and easy continuity for new readers or a trip down memory lane for us oldies.
Lock up your spoons!

The Monarch

I always said i would never pick up an ee again until it reprints Canon Fodder (although i could be tempted for an armoured gideon reprint especially the collector storyline now if that doesn't scream for an ee i don't know what will)