Main Menu

"30 years of 2000AD Celebration" ideas ?

Started by Marbles, 28 March, 2006, 09:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Next year will be 2K's 30th anniversary, as I was reading in this months Comics International (It has a very nice 2 page review of recent Rebellion GN's).

But how should this huge event be celebrated ?? The planning needs to start now !

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Leigh S

not to mention prog 1500...

House of Usher

Massive campaign of press releases to garner maximum publicity.
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

hmmm - if Origins started in prog 1500, and finished for the 30th anniversary... that'd be a proper 26 part epic!

+rufus+

I'd like to see... Ramon Sola, Brett Ewins, John Cooper, Mick McMahon, Brendan McCarthy, Massimo Belardinelli all doing some thing for the Galaxy's Greatest.
We CAN get hold of them all, Thargy Baby!!
( Go on! Go on! Go on! )
:-) R
And a kick arse Exhibition....

Dudley

Ron Smith back in the saddle.

Marbles

Agreed - we need one last Dredd money-shot from the Ronster!!
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Satanist

100 page special with some old and new greats.

Cover - Jock

10 page Dredd - John Wagner & Brian Bolland

10 page Cab Inc - Gordon Rennie & Dom Reardon

10 page Zenith - Grant Morrison & Steve Yeowell

10 page Halo Jones - Alan Moore & Ian Gibson

5 page Sooner or Later - Pete Milligan &  Brendan McCarthy

5 page Future Shock - Al Ewing &  Simon Bisley

The rest can be all new stories for next week and the obligatory comedy Tharg tale.

*Well a bloke can dream cant he?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

IndigoPrime

:: I'd like to see... Massimo Belardinelli... doing something for
:: the Galaxy's Greatest.

Well, we know he's still with us. As his health is clearly poor, perhaps Tharg could give him a one-off single-page pin-up commission, with a very loooong deadline?Massimo's "farewell" to the comic, perhaps (and a deserving one, rather than the shit scripts he got lumbered with many moons ago).

Roger Godpleton

Brainwashing Grant Morrison into burying the hatchet?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Funt Solo

After zzzzenith.com, burying the hatchet* in Grant Morrison.

* Metaphor, here meaning "never ask him to write any more Zenith as he's obviously bored of it".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Roger Godpleton

* Metaphor, here meaning "never ask him to write any more Zenith as he's obviously bored of it".

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of some pictures of him shooting some hoops with Tharg & doing that handshake thing where they use their fists.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Grant Goggans

I like the idea!  Nerd circuits ahoy!!

With 22 pages devoted to the first episodes of the four new stories (5 or 6 pgs each) which carry on into the next issue (prog 1519), that leaves us with 78 pages to program.  Call it 8 pages for editorial and ads, and that leaves 70 for assorted one-shots and four new series.

Let's see.  The four new series could be Button Man Bk 4, Savage Bk 3 and two new thrills.

The one-shots would include:

Judge Dredd: Origins Interlude, 10 pgs by Wagner & McMahon (figuring, without any evidence, Origins to run from prog 1500 through at least 1525.)

Then ten six-pagers of classic thrills...

1. Robo-Hunter by Grant & Gibson
2. Strontium Dog by Wagner & Ezquerra
3. ABC Warriors new series prologue by Mills * Langley
4. Ace Trucking Co by Wagner, Grant & Belardinelli (inked by Boo Cook, perhaps?)
5. Halo Jones Bk IV prologue by Moore & Gibson
6. Zenith by Morrison & Yeowell
7. Indigo Prime by Smith & Weston
8. Nikolai Dante by Morrison & Fraser
9. Caballistics Inc by Rennie & Reardon
10. Lobster Random by Spurrier & Critchlow

DavidXBrunt

Because it's a fantasy line up thing and because I like to dream here's my selection. 100 page special with 12 6 pagers and sundry stuff.

Cover - Tharg by Scarfe.

1 - Dredd - Wagner and Kennedy. A slice of life from the Big Meg, just another tale from Dredds long career.

2 - Stronty - Wagner and Ezquerra. Picking up from the last story, Johnny and co are standed in a life pod and have to think to survive.

3 - Samantha Slade, Robo-Hunter - Grant and Gibson. A short piece of silliness.

4 - Sinister Dexter - Abnett and Davis. A short story about where the boys are now.

5 - Nikolai Dante - Morrison and Burns, though I could be pursauded that Fraser should draw it. Dante buckiling swash to distract himself.

6 - Indigo Prime - Smith and Weston. Brain hurting wierdness.

7 - Bec and Kawl - Spurrier and Roberts. Something tying into the anniversary theme.

8 - Slaine - Mills and Flint. A Warriers Dawn tale of how Ukko wormed his way into Slaines life.

9 - Rogue Trooper - Rennie and Collins. A Bland and Brass adventure with Rogue cameoing enigmatically.

10 - Cabalistics Inc - Rennie and Reardon. Spooky goings on with Chapter and Verse centre stage.

11 - Red Seas. Edginton and Yeowell. Camp old nonsense, perhaps focusing on Julius.

12 - A future shock, ideally from Gerry Finley Day and a new artist.

And yes that prog would never happen but it's my dream and I'll dream it if I want to.

Dudley

I've been thinking about this, and you know what I reckon about bringing back Morrison, Moore, Milligan, McCarthy et al?  Sod 'em.  They took the dollar - let 'em enjoy it.  (This doesn't count for Belardinelli, Gerry Finlay-Day or Ron Smith: retirement's different).

I don't care what goes in, as long as all the following are represented:

Writers

John Wagner
Alan Grant
Pat Mills
Gerry Finlay-Day
Robbie Morrison
Gordon Rennie
...plus Spurrier and Ewing on the newbie slate.

Artists
Carlos Ezquerra
Henry Flint
Simon Davis
John Burns and/or Arthur Ranson
Cam Kennedy
Ian Gibson
Steve Yeowell
Fraser Irving
Clint Langley
...plus Boo Cook and Cat Sullivan for the newbies.

In other words, only the creators who've not tried their damnedest to give the impression that the Galaxy's Greatest Comic just isn't great enough for them.