Main Menu

Judge Vegas on Channel 4

Started by Echidna, 17 July, 2015, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echidna

Famed squaxx and recent Judge Dredd guest star Johnny Vegas proudly displayed his 2000 AD cameo pages on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown tonight:

Decidedly nonscrot reaction from Sean Lock!

It's repeated on Channel 4 on Sunday, 4 Seven later in the week, or you can watch it on 4od or All 4 or whatever they're calling it these days.

Buttonman

He seemed genuinely chuffed at getting in the prog. Good for him!

COMMANDO FORCES

Brilliant, can't wait to watch that with the missus :D

sheridan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 July, 2015, 12:41:51 AM
Brilliant, can't wait to watch that with the missus :D
Just got back from the pub (where I saw some mates play in their respective bands) to this news - once we have coffee in hand we'll bung it on the screen.

Fungus

Hah!
'Channel 4 have been in touch? Great, I'll get me prog!'

Colin YNWA

I tried to watch this on All 4 but couldn't get past the fact that seeing Jimmy Carr brings out a violent streak in my I can't cantrol. So I failed... I guess that makes me a bad fan!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 18 July, 2015, 07:15:58 AM
I tried to watch this on All 4 but couldn't get past the fact that seeing Jimmy Carr brings out a violent streak in my I can't cantrol. So I failed... I guess that makes me a bad fan!
The Dredd pages are within the first five minutes...

Colin YNWA

It doesn't take long for Jimmy Carr to drive me to distraction!

Dominic O'Rourke

There was a reference to Judge Dredd on Radio 4 this week.
Simon Evans Goes To Market - episode 2 refers to the security guards at the BBC being "slightly to the right of Judge Dredd"

Good old Beeb.
Member No. 10

sheridan

Quote from: Dominic O'Rourke on 21 July, 2015, 08:23:52 AM
There was a reference to Judge Dredd on Radio 4 this week.
Simon Evans Goes To Market - episode 2 refers to the security guards at the BBC being "slightly to the right of Judge Dredd"

Good old Beeb.

And a reference to Mega-City One after the news that China is to create the world's largest city (two and a half times the current size of MC1): Digg.

radiator

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 18 July, 2015, 07:15:58 AM

I don't actually mind Carr, but I went to a charity comedy night a couple of years ago, and he came on as a surprise last-minute replacement for the headliner. This was right around the time when he was in hot water for that tax avoidance scandal, and that coupled with his rather old-fashioned, un-PC brand of comedy led to an extremely frosty reception from the right-on, hipstery crowd - all of the performers had had rapturous support up until that point, but then the mood in the room just changed completely. As his set went on, people just started booing and shouting vitriolic abuse at him. He dealt with it all pretty well and put down several hecklers, but eventually the intensity of it wore him down he ended up dropping his smarmy on-stage persona and abandoned his rehearsed set, and seemed genuinely hurt.

Felt pretty bad for the guy. It was, as he pleaded with the audience, after all a charity event.

Steve Green

This one?

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2013/06/23/18152/youre_not_one_of_us!

I remember reading about it, the hecklers sounded like right pricks.

radiator

Quote from: Steve Green on 21 July, 2015, 07:35:36 PM
This one?

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2013/06/23/18152/youre_not_one_of_us!

I remember reading about it, the hecklers sounded like right pricks.

That's the one, and yes, they really were. At one point my girlfriend actually started heckling the hecklers and told them all to shut up. I'll admit, Carr's material was really incongruous and out of place - compared to rest of the line-up he may as well have been Bernard Manning - and none of us are huge fans of his, but we all got into the spirit of it and were laughing extra loud to try and counteract the negativity. You got the sense that the hecklers were a very vocal minority really trying to show off how right-on they were, and it was all very embarrassing. It soured what up to that point had been a really positive night.