Main Menu

2000 ad script book

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 14 August, 2003, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Dear Tharg

Someone recently asked for a book of Classic cover, which got me thinking

Please, please, please can we also have a book (Or even as a feature in the Meg) of Classic scripts?

The selection of scripts on the web site is paltry to say the least and although good are hardly classic (Bad Mother?)

You could print the script, including the writers opinions of what worked and then the strip with artists comments.

I for one would find it interesting to see how well known stories were written and then interpreted by the artist.

Amongst the scripts I would like to see include the following:

Pat Mills: Judge Whitey script (With amendments)

Any of the early Nemesis scripts particularly Book 4:Gothic Empire

Judge Dredd: Blood of Satanus (With references to Dredd?s girlfriend included)

Return of Rico

John Wagner: America, Judge Death, Buggo, The Fink etc. (Too many to mention)

Grant Morrison: Zenith

Alan Moore: Halo Jones, Time Twisters etc.

Gerry Finlay-Day (Complete with typos and Alan Grant?s amendments)

Gordon Rennie: Any (Missionary Man, Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper) bar Witch World

Robbie Morrison: Nikolai Dante

Anyone else thinks this is a good idea say yey-us.

CraveNoir

An excellent idea. I don't know about a book, but I'd be happy to see more on the site.

I'd love to see the complete scripts for The Midnight Surfer, and the first appearance of Judge Death.

Devons Daddy

yes i would agree with this. it may be a great way to see the movie in your mind to coin a phrase.
i would defintely buy this.

put me down for a copy.
any news if the  extented TPO will ever see print then?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Trout

I wouldn't be interested.

I've read bits of scripts printed in the back of American GNs, out of curiousity, but wouldn't buy a book of scripts only.

- Trout

Oddboy

I'd much rather spend money on comic books after they've finished putting the artwork in too.

Script books are on the whole DULL.  I have a few lurking around for various things (Blackadder, Red Dwarf, A Life Less Ordinary, MacBeth*) but I find watching the show/film/going to the theatre is much better then reading the scripts.

Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

At this point Logan will enter and point out that John Wagner probably doesn't have scripts for comics that were published this year, let alone decades ago...

La Mer

My mammoth re-read is now in the late 900's.... and boy, i must be down to reading just Dredd and Slaine!!
Having not re-read them for many a year, i suddenly realise why i stopped buying it at thew time, namely -
grudgfather
Kid Cyborg
Vector 13
Steve white scripted Rogue trooper
Flesh
B.l.a.i.r one

god, inspector raam was bad enough, but these? they sucked the big one....

Can I just stand up and defend Time Flies tho? read back thru some of the posts, and its seems not a lot of people liked this, but i found quite clever and funny.....

frazer

No david, that's my job.

Yes, all the writer's i've ever spoken to said they used to type em, sell em, then chuck em.

certain individuals even deleted the files on the computers when they made the transition to the modern world, so i doubt any "classic" scripts are kicking around.

F

Rio De Fideldo

That's another good idea wrecked then!

davidbishop

When I left the 2000 AD office three years ago still lurking in the files was an envelope containing all bar one of Alan Moore's scripts for Halo Jones Book 3.

davidbishop

Rio De Fideldo

The ideas back on!

Nice one Bish-Op

JamieB

Great as Alan's scripts are, that's really not enough material to do a book - and Frazer's spot-on about the other scripts not being available.

J-Bo-1

Rio De Fideldo

paulvonscott

A feature in TPO would be good with one example script shown (condensed to take up a couple of pages maybe at most) and then some chat and nonsense about it, see if we can get any sketches and the like.  The problem with doing Alan Moore is that the bearded hoo-ha merchant won't talk about it.  Mind you Ian Gibson's an interesting enough chap to cover it, get the editor in and some others.

On that subject, would it be possible to get Steve McManus to do a series of features, or at least interviews.  I've always enjoyed listening to him rattle on and I'd love to hear about everything from Action Man to being a Ddroid for tharg.

ukdane

I've got a script Pat Mills sent me for (one part of) an Accident Man story.

I'd like to see Lobster Random's script...Si?
Cheers

-Daney