Main Menu

Possible Plot Details Revealed For Pete Travis' Dredd?

Started by Misanthrope, 12 March, 2011, 12:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Considering the 'real' script has been floatin' around the web-o-tron for anyone to read for nearly a year and has been reviewed on many script sites -positively- this ain't a scoop as the comic-book-movie article suggests.

FROM MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010:

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/2010/07/peach-trees.html

CYCLOPZ

JOE SOAP

IAMTHESYSTEM

:lol:

Silliness aside why do people believe so strongly in the Moon landings being a fake?

I blame Hollywood and Capricorn One!

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

CYCLOPZ

TordelBack

I, Cosh

I don't know, but it makes me really, really angry for a reason I can't quite put my finger on.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 12 March, 2011, 11:21:28 AMSilliness aside why do people believe so strongly in the Moon landings being a fake?

Probably because it was so long ago and now seems like it was all a waste of time/money and the only reason to go there was propaganda to 'beat' a made-up enemy; the CEOs and governments would rather starve us, then bomb us down to the earth's crust than ever go back.

Steve DGenerate

judge macbrayne

if they landed on the moon all those  years ago.why did they not build the space station on it :think:

Steve DGenerate

Quote from: judge macbrayne on 12 March, 2011, 04:57:04 PM
if they landed on the moon all those  years ago.why did they not build the space station on it :think:

Money, technology and requirement. Probably.

The point was to get there before the Russians, hence "The Space Race".
They did, end of story.

I can't quote numbers, but I should imagine the economics concerned with having a base on the moon, plus the viability of sustaining a group of humans on another planetary body would be astronomical. Without any return on their investment, be that mining the moon for it's mineral wealth or whatever, the American public (if it's an American base - in all probability it would've been) wouldn't have stood for such a huge drain on public resources.
It costs a hell of a lot of money to send stuff into orbit, let alone send the material and manpower to build a lunar base 221,000 miles to an atmosphere free and air-less environment. The logistics involved would be mind boggling.

Maybe one day? 

Mardroid

if they landed on the moon all those  years ago.why did they not build the space station on it :think:

They did build a great big mirror instead though apparently.  For a while now lasers have been bounced off it.

judge macbrayne

Quote from: Steve DGenerate on 12 March, 2011, 05:52:38 PM

Money, technology and requirement. Probably.

The point was to get there before the Russians, hence "The Space Race".
They did, end of story.

I can't quote numbers, but I should imagine the economics concerned with having a base on the moon, plus the viability of sustaining a group of humans on another planetary body would be astronomical. Without any return on their investment, be that mining the moon for it's mineral wealth or whatever, the American public (if it's an American base - in all probability it would've been) wouldn't have stood for such a huge drain on public resources.
It costs a hell of a lot of money to send stuff into orbit, let alone send the material and manpower to build a lunar base 221,000 miles to an atmosphere free and air-less environment. The logistics involved would be mind boggling.

Maybe one day? 
so why did the russkys no go aswell to say the yankies talk shite as they were the first in space

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve DGenerate on 12 March, 2011, 05:52:38 PM
the American public (if it's an American base - in all probability it would've been) wouldn't have stood for such a huge drain on public resources.

Really? They stood-by -and still do- while they pay for multiple wars and banker bonuses. They could have had a moon base in the 90's if they'd kept going instead of toppling democracies and trying to convince us the the world was 'free-market-flat' but only as long as you're using the dollar. Now they have a conservative $14 trillion debt- no moon base from NASA now.