Main Menu

DROKK

Started by Misanthrope, 26 January, 2012, 04:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Geoff Barrow and composer Ben Salisbury are bringing out an album inspired by Mega City 1.

http://www.spin.com/articles/portisheads-barrow-drops-2012-invada-label-sampler

You can hear a sample of it here.

http://www.invada.co.uk/geoff-barrow-2012-compilation

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

CrazyFoxMachine

Odd... just sounds like the Mark Mothersbaugh incidental music from a Wes Anderson Dredd movie.

Colin YNWA

You have to wonder if its anything to do with the movie?

Still like it, if it sounds a bit derivative of John Carpenter's sound track stuff.

locustsofdeath!

von Boom

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

JOE SOAP

Never understood why people feel riffy metal/rock is a fitting soundtrack for Mega-City-One or Dredd. It dates things pretty quickly unless it's a contemporay setting or a full pulpy stylistic sci-fi which Dredd really isn't. Maybe ok buried in the background of street atmos but not for the full sound score.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 January, 2012, 09:05:27 PM
Maybe ok buried in the background of street atmos but not for the full sound score.

No, I don't think Meshuggah (the evil Archies) would make for a good score - but when I listen to it, I feel like the music is an 'aural dystopia'. I think a (dark) classical score is more in order for the film.

Gonk

Quote from: Misanthrope on 26 January, 2012, 04:06:19 AM
Geoff Barrow and composer Ben Salisbury are bringing out an album inspired by Mega City 1.

http://www.spin.com/articles/portisheads-barrow-drops-2012-invada-label-sampler

You can hear a sample of it here.

http://www.invada.co.uk/geoff-barrow-2012-compilation

Thanks misanthrope, I liked it. It's got a heavy inexorable quality about it, like Dredd's fist! :D

I hope they don't use a crap heavy rock band like "The Darkness" as part of the film score for Dredd, they've made an appearance in American Reaper. Using a heavy rock group would sound cheap and nasty on a Dredd film. Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.
coming at a cinema near you soon

TordelBack

Quote from: wonkychop on 26 January, 2012, 09:50:50 PMCheap and nasty. Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.

I'll pretend you never said that.  It's better that way.

Although I agree about the Darkness.

JOE SOAP

It camp
Quote from: wonkychop on 26 January, 2012, 09:50:50 PM
Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.

Cos like, the Flash Gordon film wasn't camp.

locustsofdeath!

But the soundtrack fit. So it's got to be an exception to the "crap rock score" rule, right?

TordelBack

After Ornella Mutti and Brian Blessed, the Queen soundtrack is the third best thing about Flash Gordon, one of my favourite films of all time.  And after Eugene Krabbs the Kurgan, the second best thing about Highlander.

klute

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 January, 2012, 10:01:30 PM
After Ornella Mutti and Brian Blessed, the Queen soundtrack is the third best thing about Flash Gordon, one of my favourite films of all time.  And after Eugene Krabbs the Kurgan, the second best thing about Highlander.

As cliche as it sounds i would like an industrial sound to the film and i can think of no better band than frontline assembly....listen to their millenium album it's very dark ie sex offender
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Gonk

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 January, 2012, 09:59:00 PM
It camp
Quote from: wonkychop on 26 January, 2012, 09:50:50 PM
Like Queen doing the soundtrack to Flash Gordon, camp rubbish.

Cos like, the Flash Gordon film wasn't camp.

Come of it! :lol:
coming at a cinema near you soon