Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Oh, f*** and b*****!!!!!!! Actually, it wasn't thirteen years, it was eleven!!   :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :geek:
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

The proliferation of emoticons in that post does lend some credence to Brendan's witterings...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Old Tankie

Ush!  If, after 13 (11!!) years at Uni and God knows how many degrees, you still can't add up, what's the point!!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "House of Usher"Don't waste your time getting an education. I can't recommend it. Get training instead.

I can't disagree with that. A whisker off forty and working alongside people half my age for the same salary who are straight out of school, and having to do another qualification because the one I did originally was so utterly worthless.

Bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

House of Usher

Life spugs because... I've as good as made brandan1's point for him.

(but I was tired!!!!! As Grud is my witness!)  :cry:
STRIKE !!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Cheer up everybody. Sure we're all going to hell in a hand cart but I'm carrying a pitchfork.

As for ITV well anybody who commisioned Heartbeat had it fucking coming to 'em.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Roger Godpleton

House of Usher

ITV? I never watch it. Wouldn't miss it if it stopped broadcasting altogether. Seems like they've had their comeuppance for courting an audience of plebs. Your audience won't respect you for talking down to them, and the advertisers won't bite if all your channel can sell is Iceland prawns advertised by Kerry Catona.
STRIKE !!!

Bouwel

I can't remember the last time I watched TV full stop. There again, I am in Wales and electricity is still a bit scary...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Peter Wolf

I dont care about ITV because i never watch it as i dont watch dumbed down Pleb TV and i will miss it as much as i miss Woolworths which is not at all.

of the Dickheads running the UK and the US.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

This board doesn't have a proper killfile function.

M.I.K.

I just found out that Home Of The Underdogs no longer exists in any form.

SamuelAWilkinson

Is now a good time to point out that ITV pays my wages, and I'm lucky enough to be in a state where that situation will continue for the time being?

Without wanting to sound like a company puppet, I would point out that the current state of affairs isn't solely a result of the company's strategy (not that there haven't been a few howlers, but I won't dwell on those either) but also due to the fact that commercial telly as a whole is in the crapper - see Five's job cuts today, Channel4's dire straits, etc.

Anyway, there may be some right garbage goes out on ITV channels, but there's also plenty of creative and talented folk who are (or were) on payroll and who've made some astonishing stuff over the years and still do. I won't go into the rest of the situation 'cause it's what I spend my working days worrying about, but believe me when I say you'll miss it when it's gone.

In fact, if you all wanted to do your ol' chum Sam a favour, why not watch ITV then go buy the first product you see advertised?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Roger Godpleton

You made Demons didn't you? Didn't you?

Also it's fucken' Comic Re-fucken'-lief next fucken' week. Arr-aar ee-ehh, arr-arr ee-ehh. (That's Carmina Burana BTW).

House of Usher

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"Is now a good time to point out that ITV pays my wages, and I'm lucky enough to be in a state where that situation will continue for the time being?
We know, Samuel-A. I don't think anybody actually wants ITV to snuff it, nor for you to be out of a job. It's more a feeling of 'what has ITV done for us lately?' God knows the BBC is like a great big bloody leech draining a regressive tax off us all while competing with the commercial stations in the race to the bottom of the barrel as far as standards of taste and quality go, whereas ITV offers free entertainment, should one wish to take it.

If we hate the BBC it's for the fact it doesn't appear to offer anything worth the licence fee: i.e. different content to what the other channels offer. In other words, for being too much like ITV and having the cheek to charge us for it.

At the moment I spend more hours watching the same looped sitcoms on Paramount Comedy 1 than I do watching any other channel. And then my second most watched channel is BBC3. These days I seem to watch Channel 4 and BBC1 for news and nothing else.

Anyway 'life spugs because of... hubris.'
STRIKE !!!