Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK on 26 April, 2017, 11:26:31 AM
Sigur Ros in July. Haven't been this excited for a gig since Portishead

Arh Portishead account for two of my favourite ever gigs (well festival appearances actually). Just a brilliant live act.

DrRocka

Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul in Manchester in June. Can't bloody wait - "Men Without Women" is my favourite album with an E Street connection (and I'm a huge Springsteen fan). It's the first time Steve's toured the U.K. with his own band in at least thirty years, and hell... the guys a legend. Download the Underground Garage app to hear his radio show where he plays just the greatest garage rock around. And he was Silvio. And Frank. And.... (gushes hero worship long into the night)...
Never ever bloody anything ever

Jacqusie

Quote from: Albion on 26 April, 2017, 08:07:52 AM

Green Day and many many more at Hyde Park (My "sort of grandson"s" first gig).

Green day should be a belter... I'm on with the Maiden this tour too.

Tonight was an unexpected Richard Hawley gig in Peak Cavern (aka The Devils Arse)- in my old stomping ground of Derbyshire - the acoustics and his voice in the huge cavern were fantastic

CrazyFoxMachine

Me and my friend Ogre's May listings show for Bristol on all that is heavy in the region - hopefully listenable outside of those boundaries as well because ALL THE MUSIC IS REET GOOD, LIKE.

https://www.mixcloud.com/riffwizzards/the-riffwizzards-may-2017/

Jacqusie

The Bob of the Dylan was on Friday in outgoing gigs. He didn't say hello, or thank you, as is his way and he did a few great American songbook crooning numbers...

But that's all forgiven for the epic renditions of Desolation Row, Ballad of a Thin Man and Tangled up in Blue.

He had his rather fetching Rolling Thunder hat on too and I know that he'll be back this way again soon on his never ending tour (hopefully)

Fungus

WeddingPresent playing George Best! Glasgow!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Fungus on 11 May, 2017, 01:41:53 PM
WeddingPresent playing George Best! Glasgow!

Always a good gig the Weddoes with Gedgy.

I'm off to see Free frontman Paul Rogers tonight - he's doing a whole set of Free songs, which I never thought he would do as he's been back with Bad Company.

I also managed to get tickets for The National today in Manc, they sold out fast!  :)

Greg M.

I went to see Swans yesterday. It was the loudest, most musically intense thing I've ever experienced. Frontman Michael Gira was an apocalyptic shaman, both summoning up and surrendering himself to the titanic noiseforce he'd invoked. They played five songs in two and a half hours - the first one lasted fifty minutes. Afterwards, as I staggered out the door, I heard a fellow gig-goer falteringly exclaim "That was like.. therapy." He was right. Transcendental.

sheridan

A live music night put on by a friend:

27th May 2017 at The Rocksteady, Dalston Kingsland (London)

• 1919 - proto-Goth formed in Bradford in 1980 who have recently released their second studio album (33 years after the debut).
  • Down From Above - slightly more recent band, don't know anything about them!
Elegant Decadence

Stu101

I'm off to see Depeche Mode on 3rd June, been a fan since the late 80's and their new album goes some way to recapture the level they were hitting in the mid 90's.
Be interested if there are any other DM fans on here, I get the impression there's a lot of metalheads!  :)

NapalmKev

Quote from: Stu101 on 20 May, 2017, 10:45:27 PM
I'm off to see Depeche Mode on 3rd June, been a fan since the late 80's and their new album goes some way to recapture the level they were hitting in the mid 90's.
Be interested if there are any other DM fans on here, I get the impression there's a lot of metalheads!  :)

I'm a metalhead and a fan of Depeche Mode. The new album (Spirit) is very good, IMO.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Jacqusie

Quote from: Greg M. on 20 May, 2017, 10:52:45 AM
I went to see Swans yesterday. It was the loudest, most musically intense thing I've ever experienced. Frontman Michael Gira was an apocalyptic shaman, both summoning up and surrendering himself to the titanic noiseforce he'd invoked. They played five songs in two and a half hours - the first one lasted fifty minutes. Afterwards, as I staggered out the door, I heard a fellow gig-goer falteringly exclaim "That was like.. therapy." He was right. Transcendental.

That sounds amazing, they are playing Sheffield tonight and I've been umming and aahhing about going. It's just one gig too many unfortunately and my dosh have been spent on The National Tickets instead.

Glad you had a great gig and if this is really the last tour, then it's a keeper!

Greg M.

Quote from: Jacqusie on 21 May, 2017, 01:56:20 PM
That sounds amazing, they are playing Sheffield tonight and I've been umming and aahhing about going. It's just one gig too many unfortunately and my dosh have been spent on The National Tickets instead.

Glad you had a great gig and if this is really the last tour, then it's a keeper!

Cheers! Shame you can't squeeze 'em in, though honestly, if you can find any way to do so, you won't regret it. I have never experienced anything like it. Anyone with any interest in any kind of intense or extreme music has to witness Swans live at least once. I've never been so aware of sound as a physical force. (My ears are still a bit funny, two days later.)

Jacqusie

Quote from: Greg M. on 21 May, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 21 May, 2017, 01:56:20 PM

Anyone with any interest in any kind of intense or extreme music has to witness Swans live at least once. I've never been so aware of sound as a physical force. (My ears are still a bit funny, two days later.)

If it wasn't a School night & I didn't have to be up at 6am tomorrow for my NHS shift, I'm sure I would have tried to squeeze them in.

I'll have to make do with the Swans live session on 6 Music and instead look forward to the Radiohead & Nick Cave gigs lined up over the summer.

I do feel rather blessed to be going to those...  :)

Greg M.

Quote from: Jacqusie on 21 May, 2017, 05:18:32 PM
I'll have to make do with the Swans live session on 6 Music and instead look forward to the Radiohead & Nick Cave gigs lined up over the summer.

Well, I'm certainly envious of you seeing Nick Cave - he's in Scotland in September, but I can't make the gig, much as I would love to. I'll have to stick to my live bootlegs.