Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

I do like James Robinson.

I was going to say its cool to see an American comic writer featured in 2000 AD, but then I checked his wiki and realized Robinson has been a Brit all along! Who, much like Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman, and Simon Furman, managed to break into US comics without 2000 AD credits under their belts. Very cool!

I'm curious if this new Rogue Trooper will be its own self contained thing, or play into what's going on in Hunted. I suspect the former, since the latter is pretty clearly Rennie's thing.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Quote from: The Adventurer on 17 August, 2017, 10:58:06 PM
I was going to say its cool to see an American comic writer featured in 2000 AD, but then I checked his wiki and realized Robinson has been a Brit all along! Who, much like Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman, and Simon Furman, managed to break into US comics without 2000 AD credits under their belts.

For those playing at home, that's Ellis (1 episode), Gaiman (5) and Furman (11).

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 August, 2017, 11:13:13 PM
I was going to say its cool to see an American comic writer featured in 2000 AD, but then I checked his wiki and realized Robinson has been a Brit all along! Who, much like Warren Ellis, Neil Gaiman, and Simon Furman, managed to break into US comics without 2000 AD credits under their belts.

For those playing at home, that's Ellis (1 episode), Gaiman (5) and Furman (11).

Yes, I'm always surprised Ellis didn't write more for 2000AD, I always thought of him as another ex-2000AD writer, before realising he hardly ever actually wrote anything for the GG.

The Adventurer

Not to backtrack and split semantics too much, I guess I mean the Prog didn't necessarily make them names in comics before heading to America. Ex, Morrison/Ennis/Millar/Milligan/Moore/Grant/others.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

TordelBack

Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 August, 2017, 12:52:45 AM
Not to backtrack and split semantics too much, I guess I mean the Prog didn't necessarily make them names in comics before heading to America. Ex, Morrison/Ennis/Millar/Milligan/Moore/Grant/others.

You're dead right Adventurer, was just funnin' ya.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 17 August, 2017, 11:38:51 PM

Yes, I'm always surprised Ellis didn't write more for 2000AD, I always thought of him as another ex-2000AD writer, before realising he hardly ever actually wrote anything for the GG.

Didn't Ian Edgington also do this and he's in fact that unique example of someone breaking America without 2000ad, then being pouched by Tharg. A concelation goal but there none the less!

Steve Green

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 August, 2017, 10:33:22 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 17 August, 2017, 09:27:12 PM
It came up the other day, that and whether Rogue was a product with a limited lifespan, constantly being fixed up by Bagman to counter him running past his warranty.

That was the gist of Rennie's original run - one of the gene genies and the GI's CO trying to find Rogue before his lifespan wore out, given he'd not been designed to be out in the field on his own for so long.

Cheers, thought it rang a bell.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 August, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 17 August, 2017, 11:38:51 PM

Didn't Ian Edgington also do this and he's in fact that unique example of someone breaking America without 2000ad, then being pouched by Tharg. A concelation goal but there none the less!

Still waiting on that Kieron Gillen sci-fi epic.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

karlos

Apologies for skimming this mighty thread (as my answer might already lie within), but does anyone know if the Mills/Bisley Joe Pineapples strip is still happening?

Frank

Quote from: karlos on 29 August, 2017, 03:22:37 PM
Apologies for skimming this mighty thread (as my answer might already lie within), but does anyone know if the Mills/Bisley Joe Pineapples strip is still happening?

On the latest 2000ad Thrillcast, Bisley swears blind he's going to start it soon. Pat Mills laughs in the manner of a man who's heard that one before, describing Bisley as "very convincing":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4GFoyPCLXw

karlos

Argh!!

Many thanks, Frank - I'll give up waiting for it...!

Richard

After the cover of prog 1800 I wouldn't care if Bisley never returned to the prog again. Get another artist to do it.

Woolly

Quote from: Richard on 29 August, 2017, 06:38:35 PM
After the cover of prog 1800 I wouldn't care if Bisley never returned to the prog again. Get another artist to do it.

Get SMS to do it.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 29 August, 2017, 06:38:35 PM

That would somewhat hugely miss the point of writing a Joe Pineapples story for Bisley to do.
@jamesfeistdraws