Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Wow, Dante really goes off like a rocket doesn't it.  John Burns art is incredible and the switch between artists works so well to set the new mood going into those stories.  Then back to Simon Fraser for Battleship Potemkin which is an incredible cliffhanger to end on. How long have we got to wait for the next one?

Strontium Dog was also great, if slightly eclipsed by it's partner.  I actually read this one first as this series was one of the main reasons for subscribing in the first place. It's sad that Potrait Of A Mutant is still so relevant to today's politics but it really resonates with current climate (much as I'm sure it did back in the day).  The less serious episodes in here were great too, I think they've aged much better then the contents of vol 1.  Again looking forward to the next one but not with quite such bated breath.

The Monarch

Issue 35 so it'll be a while but its so worth it

sintec

Start of next year then given the current delivery schedule.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 13 June, 2018, 12:01:39 AM
Start of next year then given the current delivery schedule.

Dante 4 (issue 35) comes out in December, so... You're not far off at all!
@jamesfeistdraws

Robes

For the record, I didn't opt out and I only received 19 and 20 a couple days ago.

Michael Knight

Hi folks.

Anyone on here know if Issue 13 (Volume 23) 'The ABC Warriors/Volume one' was reprinted/released twice? I have two copies of it and for the life of me dont know how. I remember picking up a 'double' issue from my newsagent. Ive checked both copies and cant see any printing errors etc.
Any help be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Michael Knight on 19 June, 2018, 07:46:57 PM
Hi folks.

Anyone on here know if Issue 13 (Volume 23) 'The ABC Warriors/Volume one' was reprinted/released twice? I have two copies of it and for the life of me dont know how. I remember picking up a 'double' issue from my newsagent. Ive checked both copies and cant see any printing errors etc.
Any help be much appreciated.

Thanks

I think that was the issue where the first one had a misaligned spine image so they reprinted and reissued.

The Monarch

wasn't it nemesis book 2 that had the wonky spine

sintec

Jade Falcon

Last night I blitzed my way through The Art of Kenny Who.  I can't say I remember any of these stories and while some of the scots stereotypes are a bit cringeworthy it was a great laugh.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

I liked the Kenny Who? volume, the title trilogy was great fun, and Cam's art throughout balances the action and comedy brilliantly. I enjoyed The Warlord despite the questionable language, and it's a significant story in Dredd chronology as its events prompt the first resignation of McGruder.

Tomwe

Was just enquiring about the next two Slaine books, the last of the b&w material.

Vol 2 is coming soon in issue 26, after Meltdown Man, and Vol 3 is issue 32.

My my reckoning, after that we can expect another Slaine book every six issues or so.

Dandontdare

I'm just kicking my heels until Dante v.4 comes out, which I believe isn't till December *sigh*

sintec

I'm just kicking my heels waiting for last months books to drop through the letterbox -sigh-

Quote from: Tomwe on 29 June, 2018, 01:45:06 PM
My my reckoning, after that we can expect another Slaine book every six issues or so.

Yeah I came to a similar conclusion recently - they could have done with spreading those out a bit more imo but it is what it is.

IndigoPrime

Having been a bit fed up of the sub and looking at pennies, I'm starting to mull a bit. Do I really need these books. I fired up Scrivener, and reckon that if I was buying single issues at ten quid a pop, I'd actually only buy 36 of them. In the first quarter, though, I would have bought 13 and would keep another 3 if I didn't have a complete set. Almost feels like a jumping off and cherry pick point right now.