Main Menu

The Black Museum and Hall of Heroes

Started by Sandman1, 12 March, 2018, 03:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman1

If the Black Museum and Hall of Heroes would've been featured in a game, which mementos and memorials would you select for the two halls? The museum will accommodate 15-16 items, P.J.'s heart is excluded, and the hall will house 5-8 memorials.

Henry Dubble will be the curator of the museum and will give Dredd (the player) a summarized story about each exhibit. 
Error...

iutley

I'm more curious about how the Black Museum and Hall of Heroes still have any exhibits - hasn't the Grand Hall been blown up and completely destroyed at least 2 or 3 times?
Off the top of my head I can think of Apocalypse War (and then during the grand re-opening in The Prankster as well) and Chaos Day. Possibly there are more occasions too.
Surely all the original exhibits that we 1st saw are all long gone and destroyed in nuclear fire by now?

sheridan

Quote from: iutley on 13 March, 2018, 11:28:11 AM
I'm more curious about how the Black Museum and Hall of Heroes still have any exhibits - hasn't the Grand Hall been blown up and completely destroyed at least 2 or 3 times?
Off the top of my head I can think of Apocalypse War (and then during the grand re-opening in The Prankster as well) and Chaos Day. Possibly there are more occasions too.
Surely all the original exhibits that we 1st saw are all long gone and destroyed in nuclear fire by now?

Burnt down during the Apocalypse War, replacement was blown up by the Prankster - sure the re-replacement was destroyed during the dark era of 2000AD...

Perhaps the Black Museum is deep underground and has some sort of protection from the various mishaps that have befallen the building above?

ZenArcade

I'd go with the secured underground vault.  I'd hazzard that maybe a third or more of the GHOJ is underground (if the Sector house schematic at the start of the pit is anything to go by). Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Future museum practice is to digitally record all holdings on accession, and place perfect 3D copies on display instead (with the exception of PJ Maybe's heart and Anderson-in-Boing, 'natch).  When exhibits are damaged/stolen, it's just a matter of printing a new one.  The very existence of Fargo's mausoleum should be indication enough that what you see is seldom the original (which are all stored in deep bunkers, or randomly lost in the Cursed Earth).

Sandman1

Quote from: iutley on 13 March, 2018, 11:28:11 AM

The narrative doesn't follow the timeline from the source material, so that's not a factor that matters. The initial question remains, except for the obvious choice Fargo and Maybe's heart.
Error...