Main Menu

DREDD screenwriter Alex Garland answers YOUR questions!

Started by Molch-R, 23 August, 2012, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

Quote from: vzzbux on 23 August, 2012, 08:07:19 PM
I am really happy with what I have just read.
I am sure we will all take you up on the offer of being Extras. As long as all those with military experience get to play Judges  ;)

V

Especially those one that are still qualified Skill At Arms Instructors, Pyrotechnics Qualified and Long Range Qualified 8-)

Frank

Now I feel guilty. I imagined Molch-R would only submit a small number of all our questions for Garland to answer, and I thought I'd be lucky if even one of my questions survived that winnowing process. Well done to Garland for taking the time to reply to absolutely everything we all submitted, and for doing so with such candour and genuine humility.

He's done himself and the film no end of favours.

Beeks

Brilliant read Alex and completely stoked that you were the man in charge of our hopes

Thank You
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Colin YNWA

Well regardless of what Alex says I still going to imagine that he answered this is a bubbling jacuzzi surrounded by dotting starlets with four servants on hand with a dry fresh towel for each limb... well that's how I imagine it and I don't care.

Regardless of the luxurious conditions in which you answered these questions the fact that you did with such care and commitment stands you out as a fine man. The people who have been working away on the movie threads (I'm not amongst them, I've been avoiding them to avoid spoilers) have got a small, richly deserved reward and the fact you took the time to make the gesture is really touching.

Good luck with all the stuff you work on now and in the future and thank you.

W. R. Logan

Personally I think Alex copped out on the really important question!

Salt & Vinegar, well that's a given but Mayo or Ketchup?

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks very much for answering everything Alex as that was quite interesting, especially the tech stuff about the usage of shots.
I also think everyone on here is now hoping that the sequels will be filmed here  :D

Goaty

QuoteI have a particular sense of gratitude to Goaty, because he was so optimistic and supportive.  He lifted me out of some very dark moods.  I was also frequently grateful for Joe Soap's ability to correctly interpret a situation, and debunk a rumour, based on very little information.  In fact, he was sometimes so accurate that I used to wonder if he worked on the production.  He must surely work in post production.  (Are you an editor, Joe?)

As you have already noticed, I put some thank-yous in the movie, in the form of Easter Eggs.  There's a few left - Radiator and Joe Soap among them.  But there are so many others I could have included, like Crave Noir, who has done an amazing job on his twitter feed, and a very erudite guy who posts on other sites called Sauchie Boy.  The list is huge.

I hope that the names I did include can be seen as a representative thank-you to all of you.  That aside, obviously, I really hope you like the film.  In a tangible way, not just as name-checking, it was made for you.

You're welcome, Alex, you are the man, and I got many faiths in you with Dredd film, and I knew you and your production teams would do it well and brilliant jobs, Please tell them many thanks and looking forward to see it at cinema on Dredd-Day!

I am really glad you happy to get supportive from many wonderful people here. So amazing that you put thank-yous in Dredd 3D.

From all of us, thank you for completed the film and let us enjoy it!

The Bissler

Excellent read!  Thank you very much for taking so much time to answer fan questions - it means so much to all of us who are always reading this forum. 
Given that I'm a fan of 28 Days & Sunshine, I always had confidence that Dredd was in very good hands, but to know that you are as much of a fan of the source material as the rest of us here is an absolute delight!  Can't wait to see the film!  Fingers crossed for that $50m so we can enjoy some sequels (or that tv series)!
Cheers!

Bat King

Thanks Alex! Excellent read.

I'm incredibly positive about this movie, I wasn't positive about that other one and I was proven correct. So I think my gut will serve me well.

I hope you do get a shot at a sequel or 5. Your ideas you've mentioned sound great.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Apestrife

I love the love that surrounds this film! I really do! Incredible!

Albion

Awesome, thanks for answering the questions Alex. It was great to be at the London talk and meet you afterwards. Your passion for the film is obvious and inspiring, I don't think a Dredd film could be in better hands.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

CrazyFoxMachine

This is moving and amazing and I sincerely regret not taking more part in the build-up to the film on the forum and asking such a silly question. Phew. This is why I love 2000ad.

Alex Garland, if you've not been awarded a Krill Tro Thargo before now you'll certainly have one before the year is out!

Currently euphoric.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Molch-R on 23 August, 2012, 06:42:15 PM
A:  Hello, Pete.  I really regret not putting your name on a block.  Next time, if there is one...

Let the Gavin Leahy Block war begin - !