Main Menu

DREDD screenwriter Alex Garland answers YOUR questions!

Started by Molch-R, 23 August, 2012, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

A truly excellent read.

(I wish this forum had an edit feature)

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Alski

Brilliant, answered so many things that I was wondering myself.

2 weeks is too long!
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Michaelvk

Awwwww!!! Why did I miss this? I would've loved to have said hi..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Fatboydale

Bollocks i missed this and i had a really rubbish question to ask ..... great read thou !!!

radiator

Wow - amazing. I'm deliriously excited that I got a shout out in the movie, that's just incredible! I can't wait to try and explain to my friends and see their slightly baffled expressions! That has absolutely made my day, though it unnerves me slightly knowing you've likely read what I've been saying about the film all along! I THINK it's been mostly constructive and positive.

Thanks again Alex, and all the best of luck with the film. Apologies for the gushing, but 28 Days Later and Sunshine are two of my favourite films of the last ten years, so I was delighted that Dredd ended up in your hands. I'm dragging along around 8 or 9 people with me to the cinema who probably wouldn't ordinarily go and see a Dredd film, so i feel like I've done my part towards its success!

Goaty

QuoteA:  Goaty, you're awesome.  And by the way, you haven't spotted your only cameo.

No you are awesome, Mr Garland!

Really dumbest question from me, on that last sentence, wasn't he know that "Say No To Slo-Mo" clip was out few days ago, and thanks to Mr Soap to spotted my Goaty graffiti tag! but what does Alex means by that?
Was Goaty graffiti featured in first Trailer? or somewhere?

Sorry board, excellent reading!

James Stacey

Cracking read. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions Alex. There really doesn't seem to have been a step wrong with the approach which is all the more gratifying after the Stallone debacle. Not long now.

dracula1

Kind Regards to you Mr. Garland and thanks for answering my question.  There seems to be good vibes your movie will be a big sucess (hope my two or three visits to the cinema and the purchase of the bluray / DVD directors cut will help :)).
Roll on DREDD 2!   :D

Steve Green

Quote from: Goaty on 23 August, 2012, 10:26:40 PM
QuoteA:  Goaty, you're awesome.  And by the way, you haven't spotted your only cameo.

No you are awesome, Mr Garland!

Really dumbest question from me, on that last sentence, wasn't he know that "Say No To Slo-Mo" clip was out few days ago, and thanks to Mr Soap to spotted my Goaty graffiti tag! but what does Alex means by that?
Was Goaty graffiti featured in first Trailer? or somewhere?

Sorry board, excellent reading!

He could mean there is something else in the film, not necessarily what has already been released in trailers/tv spots.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

willthemightyW

Bummed that I missed this!
Nonetheless, thank you Mr. Garland!
I was at your LFCC panel answering and asking some of the questions and you seemed like a great guy, and that's only evidenced further in the fact that you did this!
And also, in case you're reading, I really want to thank you and everyone involved for making the film!
2000ad was one of the first comics I read, I picked it up in the library when I was about 5 (a bit inappropriate I guess!) so to say I've been waiting for this for most of my life is an understatement! I'm sure there are of course many brilliant board members who have been waiting longer than me, but nonetheless, I'm practically bursting at the seams in anticipation! Only problem is, I'll only be seventeen when it comes out, so either I get my Dad to buy my ticket then I try and sneak in without getting ID'd, and risk getting put in an iso-cube, or I wait till DVD... boy will that be a long wait! Either way I'm sure it'll be worth it! Once again thank you so much! Before I start to sound like I'm grovelling I'd best end this message!
But one more time... THANK YOU!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

chuffsteruk

`MUST POST MORE OFTEN TO (HOPEFULLY)GET A MENTION IN THE (HOPEFUL)SEQUEL!` ;)

redbaz

Fantastic read, thanks for taking the time out Mr Garland. Gutted I missed the opportunity to pitch questions but couldn't agree more- DREDD THE TV SHOW!!!

Woolly

That was great! What a gent Mr Garland is.

"I quite like the idea of Satanus.  But much more mutated."

Oh God yes!  :o