Main Menu

Dredd sequel hinted at Via Starburst Magazine online

Started by Tarantino, 20 May, 2013, 12:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Hi Guys, I haven't been on here for a while but I just typed in Dredd sequel May 2013 and this came up:

http://www.starburstmagazine.com/movie-news/5328-movie-news-dredd-sequel-on-the-cards

Cut and paste into your browser

I then went to the Facebook page to register my Like, which you should all do as well, every little helps.

https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel

Below are comments regarding a sequel that added to the Facebook page.

"Just thought I'd add my five pence worth. The Dredd movie was great for the fans, but if you want to create a franchise it has to appeal to a wider audience. Dredd is an amazing character, set in a fantastic world, so the bad guy or gal, has to be equally amazing. Having a run of the mill drug dealer as the main baddie was lazy. We go to see fantasy and sci-fi movies to be amazed, if I want drug dealers I can watch any number of CSI type shows on TV. If they make a sequel then all they have to do, is what they should have done from the start, and I'm talking back in 1995, bring on Judge Death and the rest of his heavy's. I heard people argue that you first needed to introduce the character of Dredd to a mainstream audience, so that they understood his world and who he is first. That's just B.S. You first need to capture the publics imagination, and Dredd needs to lead with a knockout punch. If you need to, a 60 second voice over at the begining of the film is all you really need to let people know what he's all about. You just need to take the Terminator franchise as an example. Nobody knew who he was until that first movie, but it was so great and he was a fantastic character, that a franchise grew around him and then we were introduced to his world slowly. So forget about character development and let's create an action packed epic that will leave everyone wanting more. We can then see his character and world develop through the TV series :-)"

COMMANDO FORCES

Before you get ripped apart by the most negative people on here poor Tarantino, this has been discussed in the Dredd thread (plus a few other threads probably) for a while now.

There are many in the camp of lets try and do something, even if it ends in failure and we don't get a sequel at least we did our part to show that we want one. It doesn't hurt to try and as the saying goes journey, step, blah, blah, blah!
Then there are those who swear down blind that a sequel will never happen.

I have a feeling that you are more optimistic about the future of Dredd :thumbsup: