Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last movie watched...  (Read 1451577 times)

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Last movie watched...
« Reply #15585 on: 19 April, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »
Five Nights At Freddies

Sorry, Willy's Wonderland

The plot is something a 12 year old would make up. Not so much plot holes as a plot black-hole.

But... modern Nicholas Cage does what modern Nicholas Cage does. He utters not a word throughout the film, instead giving a nuanced performance where he reveals his character's inner pain by consuming illegal-looking energy drinks and punching demonic animatronics. To death. (And then he rips out those mo-fo's electric spines).

I loved it enough that my immediate response was to Google for a t-shirt. YMMV. It is, however, memorable.
« Last Edit: 19 April, 2021, 09:37:09 AM by The Enigmatic Dr X »
Lock up your spoons!

Trooper McFad

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15586 on: 19 April, 2021, 09:44:23 AM »
Talking of Nicholas Cage keep away from Jiu Jitsu

I usually don’t mind his films heck I enjoyed Ghost Rider but this is rock bottom😳
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

CalHab

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: 19 April, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »
Talking of Nicholas Cage keep away from Jiu Jitsu

I usually don’t mind his films heck I enjoyed Ghost Rider but this is rock bottom😳

The trailer looked appalling. I'm usually all for a Nicholas Cage film (Mandy is in my top films of recent years), but I drew the line at that.

milstar

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: 19 April, 2021, 01:04:35 PM »
How can any discussion of The Lost Boys fail to mention the oiled-up, body builder saxophonist? It's the most important scene of the film and the era.

Well, I thought it was weird at first, but then I realized that Santa Carla is weird place. Plus, it's Joel Schumacher's film.

I put myself through one of the sequels (can’t remember which one) and the saxophonist has a cameo on a street corner - funniest moment of the film as he’s let himself go 😂😂😂

The lost Boys has sequels? Are they any good? And why movies that I thought are stand-alone and worj the best as such have forgettable sequels with them (8mm, Turbulence, Starship Troopers, Hard Target to name a few... Oh and The Howling)?

Five Nights At Freddies

The plot is something a 12 year old would make up. Not so much plot holes as a plot black-hole.

But... modern Nicholas Cage does what modern Nicholas Cage does. He utters not a word throughout the film, instead giving a nuanced performance where he reveals his character's inner pain by consuming illegal-looking energy drinks and punching demonic animatronics. To death. (And then he rips out those mo-fo's electric spines).

I loved it enough that my immediate response was to Google for a t-shirt. YMMV. It is, however, memorable.

Is it worse than The Wicker Man?

Barrington Boots

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: 19 April, 2021, 01:53:49 PM »
The lost Boys has sequels? Are they any good?

A million times no. Avoid at all costs!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: 19 April, 2021, 02:02:27 PM »

Five Nights At Freddies

You seem to have confused my review with criticism. I recommend Willy's Wonderland.
Lock up your spoons!

pictsy

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
    • Pictsy on Patreon
« Reply #15591 on: 19 April, 2021, 03:32:29 PM »
Saw that one covered on Scaredy Cats.  Looked like a lot of fun.  It's on my list.

milstar

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: 19 April, 2021, 05:37:51 PM »

Five Nights At Freddies

You seem to have confused my review with criticism. I recommend Willy's Wonderland.

Oh. Seems I confused it with Jiu Jitsu.

The lost Boys has sequels? Are they any good?

A million times no. Avoid at all costs!

Once i made a mistake by not listening and playing RE6. Never again.