Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 06:25:03 pm »
Sharksplaining is a whole other thing.  There's usually mention of the gold standard and the fallacy of authority, and occasionally Tower 7, and at least some of it is interesting.

Then there's the far more tediously patronising Tordelsplaining, but I think I covered that above.
Help! / Re: Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 05:58:11 pm »
Mike Carroll's computery fun!
The comic did exist, and I migh be on the trail of what the cover was. Time will tell.

The contents of the comic were to be;
Anderson
Bad Company
Blockers
Soul of a Judge/Blood Cadet
Helltrekkers

That's pretty much what I was going to say, both about Mike Carroll's piccy and the proposed line-up (I'd probably have forgotten Blockers and that Blood Cadet one though).  Blood Cadet was the Alan Moore one, right?

Alan Moore and Mike Collin's 'Judge on Long Walk' story was The Badlander – which was also part of the 36 page dummy fortnightly. Blood Cadet was Ian Gibson and TB Grover.

Off Topic / Re: What's your avatar all about then?
« Last post by Mardroid on Today at 05:03:36 pm »
It's a bear.

I am suspicious of its qualifications.

I couldn't quite make out the detail in your avatar so I had to look it up.

A tranquilised bear falling out of a tree on to a trampoline...

knowyourmeme

According to the university newspaper CU Independent, the bear was first spotted and reported to University of Colorado campus police shortly before 8 a.m (local time) on April 26th, 2012. After about two hours of occupying the tree, the bear was subsequently tranquilized and retrieved by the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Department. The photograph of the bear was captured by University of Colorado student Andy Duann who works for the school’s newspaper CU Independent.

I was thinking it was some kind of photoshop gag, but it really is what it appears to be?

😆

I'm glad it was take down humanely.
Help! / Re: Aborted Judge Dredd comic in the 1980s
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 04:50:16 pm »
Mike Carroll's computery fun!
The comic did exist, and I migh be on the trail of what the cover was. Time will tell.

The contents of the comic were to be;
Anderson
Bad Company
Blockers
Soul of a Judge/Blood Cadet
Helltrekkers

That's pretty much what I was going to say, both about Mike Carroll's piccy and the proposed line-up (I'd probably have forgotten Blockers and that Blood Cadet one though).  Blood Cadet was the Alan Moore one, right?
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 04:30:08 pm »
General / Re: Things that went over your head...
« Last post by positronic on Today at 03:56:37 pm »
There's a scene in one of the stories where Johnny talks about how expensive those Time Bombs are -- just ONE of them would be far more expensive than an average bounty he could collect, so he can really only afford them when the bounty he's after is a huge payday for him, and he's already got the scratch to invest in equipment. You get the impression he's only got them with him for special high-paying tricky jobs.
General / Re: MAY ART COMP - NIKOLAI DANTE
« Last post by CrazyFoxMachine on Today at 03:28:10 pm »
Alan Byrom - Nikolai and Jena

General / Re: Things that went over your head...
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 03:26:52 pm »
No-one had any equipment in the Lyran dimension - other than a skateboard and Johnny's last scraps - so it would probably have to have used the Doghouse time machine, which was destroyed. Based on later events, a carefully-set timebomb should get you there, but you have the problem of how to programme co-ordinates for a mystical dimension - and the paradoxical issues of taking a trip to prevent a death which caused your trip. Note that all Johnny's timejobs are by way of retributive justice or fixing a problem caused by time travel, never prevention of an event that has already occurred.

Plus the Moses Incident sets a precedent for not using t-weapins to undo a death.
General / Re: Judge Dredd RPG 1985
« Last post by Lobo Baggins on Today at 03:05:07 pm »
Now that is confusing - I see the non-RPG Block Mania and Mega-Mania peeping through at the back there, but there's a whole load more progs than I'd expect, especially as the none/hardly any of them contain the Tomb of Terror (the closest to RPGs 2000AD itself ever got, unless you count the gamebook style Dredd story from a few years back).  Really looking forward to this podcast now (not that I wasn't before).  All the more as some of the progs you have there are the very first progs I ever saw.

They contain the stories that I used to introduce the non-scrot members of my roleplaying group to the world of Mega-City One.
Film & TV / Re: Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 02:47:26 pm »
I certainly hope there are less priests in tonight's episode.  It's not that I have anything against priests, it's just that the show was better without priests.  I'm worried about the pro-priest agenda being promoted by the bbc, which is clearly an attempt at brainwashing our children.  I mean, there were hardly any priests in older shows, and I didn't have any issue with that.  Priest on tv are okay, but do we really need as many of them in family shows?

But the priests there were were significant...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10