Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Looking for Pre-Street Judge Info...
« Last post by K2 on Today at 03:35:08 am »
Thanks again Joe Soap for the quick and precise reply!

K2
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 03:18:04 am »
If you have an opportunity, could you share an example of those formal consequences?  I'm familiar from web-sources with the result of Fargo's indiscretion (his attempted suicide, etc.), yet I'm curious as to what would be the formal punishment.

Expulsion from the Justice Dept. and 20 years hard labour working the mines at the penal colony on Titan -Saturn’s moon- but sentences have been less or bargained for.
« Last post by K2 on Today at 03:03:38 am »
Thanks Joe Soap!

If you have an opportunity, could you share an example of those formal consequences?  I'm familiar from web-sources with the result of Fargo's indiscretion (his attempted suicide, etc.), yet I'm curious as to what would be the formal punishment.

Thanks for your help!

K2
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 02:32:27 am »
Might anyone have anything they can share on Eustace Fargo's policy of celibacy for Street Judges, as to why he enacted it, or was it not detailed in the series?

Not much in any comic text other than the merest hint of Fargo’s conservative -possibly religious though not stressed- family background in Origins and the implied idea of too many close emotional ties being a hinderance, distraction or liability to a Judge’s vocation.

It’s the kind of thing that if there’s an attempt to explain the why or how of it, draws too much attention to the idea itself and the complexities of trying to justify it, although the consequences of breaking the celibacy law for Judges has been played out several times in stories.

« Last post by K2 on Today at 02:10:56 am »
Throughout this thread and in other conversations you all have been extremely helpful and I sincerely thank you all.

Might anyone have anything they can share on Eustace Fargo's policy of celibacy for Street Judges, as to why he enacted it, or was it not detailed in the series?

Thanks again!

K2
Megazine / Re: Meg 393 - Hard Rain!
« Last post by A.Cow on Today at 01:29:39 am »
[...] why not wrap up the universe in the Meg by having an alternate lunatic hiss “You cannot kill what does not live”, shortly before Dredd figures out a way to trap him in a jar?

I was really looking forward to this ... but the "forcibly re-imagined" origin smacked of Ultimate Marvel and left a sour taste for me.  (Still, it could be worse -- it could have gone the IDW route.)
Film & TV / Re: PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by Theblazeuk on 18 February, 2018, 09:17:15 pm »
Bit of a rush job there for both Klingons and Voke. I would maybe have preferred the resolution took as much time and sweat as the mirror verse excursion.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 18 February, 2018, 09:14:49 pm »
The Big Lebowski. Gets better every time I watch it, man. It's kinda' like that whole, er, cinema fantasy, er, you know, man, new things come to light and there's lots of ins and lots of outs and, yeah, you dig?

Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by radiator on 18 February, 2018, 09:02:55 pm »
Sing.

Was hopeful for this thanks to the involvement of Garth Jennings, who I like a lot. Unfortunately, the offbeat sensibilities and boundless visual imagination present in his classic music video output are almost entirely absent in Sing, which is about as broad and bland an animated feature as you could imagine. The soundtrack is largely on the nose with very few surprising choices - and anything remotely interesting gets cut off within a few seconds in maddening ADHD fashion, and sad to say the humour is incredibly weak, and I can't imagine anything in it amusing anyone over the age of 8.
Books & Comics / Re: Scarred For Life Volume One - a book about dark 70s pop culture
« Last post by sheridan on 18 February, 2018, 07:15:38 pm »
I remember a particularly bad one where a young lad gets his feet cut off by a train. The policeman knocked on the door and, holding up the lads football boots, says to the mother "He won't be needing these any more!". Dark stuff!

Cheers

I wasn't familiar with that one so just youtubed it - it's the narrator who says that - the copper says "They asked me to bring you these" (not sure who they are, or why they would want him to bring them to the mother before she's even seen her boy lying in hospital...)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10