Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: No October Art Comp?
« Last post by GrudgeJohnDeed on Today at 02:46:21 am »
Facebook can be horrific when you stray from your own circle of friends (sometimes even when you stray from your own page.) But on your page you are the boss. I intentionally turned Facebook into safe ground ages ago, after one to many confrontation. it's only social media if you make it that way and it's only anti social media if you let it be.

I recently signed back up to Facebook after years away from it, is there a more public slant to facebook now with more interactions between strangers?

I'm also hoping the art competition comes back soon, I may lurk a lot and not enter but I often check on it!
Help! / Re: Introducing a youngster to Philip K Dick
« Last post by JOE SOAP on Today at 12:19:42 am »
Apologies for hijacking this thread, but do we know which PKD story Pat 'Damnation Alley' Mills alleges* was plagiarised by a 2000AD drold, only to be rumbled by the readers?

*in 'Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave!'.

I thought it was One Man's Meat (Beyond Lies the Wub)?

Help! / Re: Name that Shock!
« Last post by O Lucky Stevie! on Today at 12:15:32 am »
Sorry, just seen this.

Going by the description by Sheridan's friend of...

them from behind.. The 'heroes' are also mutants - with lizard tails."

...Stevie seems to remember this as being drawn by John Stokes. Don't have the progs at hand, but Barney suggests that it coud be either:

Oh What a Lovely War 1 episode (Prog 464) 4 pages
Script: Oleh Stepaniuk, Artist: John Stokes

Biological Warfare 1 episode (Prog 466) 3 pages
Script: Oleh Stepaniuk, Artist: John Stokes

« Last post by O Lucky Stevie! on Today at 12:08:22 am »
In response to shaolin's op, PKD's sole children's book is well worth tracking down

« Last post by ZenArcade on 21 November, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »
Earlier stuff is quite accessible. Ganeymede Take Over, Game Players of Titan.  His short stories are excellent, the second variety is a classic. Z
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by marko10174 on 21 November, 2017, 09:47:57 pm »

Anyone really looking forward to getting the first figurine? I think we'll get the Nemesis figure in Jan/Feb? I would imagine the figurines will become real collectors items, especially the later ones like Dante and Dredd.
« Last post by Dandontdare on 21 November, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
I think it was all of them wasn't it?  ;)
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 21 November, 2017, 09:18:58 pm »
Journey to Hell is great, you philistines!  ;) Carlos's double-page spreads are absolutely glorious - I've said this many times, but it's easy to forget just how good he is at evoking a nightmarish ambience in his stories. Give him the chance to draw some zombies or skellingtons, and the man's in his infernal element - to wit, the 'Desert of the Living Dead' spread, which is as evocative as it gets.

Yep this... kinda... Journey to Hell is good, very good, but its not Portrait of a Mutant or Rage good but its damned good....

Is it Dante next? If so better start thinking about where I'm going to pick that up...
Classifieds / Re: Lee Carter artbook and sketches
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 21 November, 2017, 09:03:23 pm »
Maybe some,  just line work as the colours are sadly done by computer

If its anything like the Dredd stuff you have on sale now - that'd do, that'd done just fine. Superb stuff!
« Last post by Greg M. on 21 November, 2017, 08:55:07 pm »
Journey to Hell is great, you philistines!  ;) Carlos's double-page spreads are absolutely glorious - I've said this many times, but it's easy to forget just how good he is at evoking a nightmarish ambience in his stories. Give him the chance to draw some zombies or skellingtons, and the man's in his infernal element - to wit, the 'Desert of the Living Dead' spread, which is as evocative as it gets.

Not having the spreads in colour is indeed a huge disincentive to purchase, however.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10