Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Unbelievable.  Still getting my head around it.  What a loss.

So glad to have known him, both face-to-face in the last few years, and since I was a wee lad through his incredible body of work.

Having a whisky in his honour tonight.

paddykafka

I'm too drokkin' speechless at just reading of this sad news. Sincere condolences to Carlos' family and friends and colleagues on their loss. RIP a truly great, inspirational artist. For what it's worth, I'm sending out a virtual hug to all my fellow Squaxx as well. It's a scunner of a day. :'(

von Boom

I have no words at the loss of Carlos. None. RIP.

TordelBack

Sorry for your loss too,  Jimbo.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: von Boom on 01 October, 2018, 05:13:17 PM
I have no words at the loss of Carlos. None. RIP.

I have words.

Fucking cunting shit sticks.  :'(

DrJomster

RIP Carlos. You brought so much to so many.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Mardroid

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 01 October, 2018, 04:22:44 PM
Gutted. Literally just coming on here to write a message about the terrible news about Carlos when I heard that an uncle of mine has just collapsed and died unexpectedly. Feeling very... hollow.

Sad to read that Jimbo. That's awful.

All the best to you and yours in this trying time, mate.
——————

The news concerning Carlos is quite a shock. I know he's had health issues for a while, but just when I though he was on the mend, this happens. I thought he'd be with us for a while yet.

The man left a great wealth of work behind, at least. Not meaning to be trite, but we should all make the most of our lives and hope to leave the world a better place. We're not here that long.

Commiserations to Carlos Esquerra's family.

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: strontium71 on 01 October, 2018, 04:02:00 PM
Sorry to pop back up in truly awful circumstances.
I have suggested on Facebook that the Rogue Trooper art comp is postponed,and maybe a Carlos themed one is used instead?
I can't imagine that anybody would object to that.

Something Fishy

So sad to hear.  His work is a massive part of why i grew to love comics and Sci-Fi.

RIP to a legend.

DrRocka

So hard to put to put into words the sheer love and admiration I have for this man and his work... I would not be the man I am today without it.
Know though, that no matter how bad you're feeling about this, there are loads of us out there feeling the same. Sending out some love to you all, we're all in this together.
And my, what a lot of pleasure he brought us.
Goodbye Carlos. We love you.
Never ever bloody anything ever

blackmocco

Quote from: DrRocka on 01 October, 2018, 06:32:24 PM
So hard to put to put into words the sheer love and admiration I have for this man and his work... I would not be the man I am today without it.
Know though, that no matter how bad you're feeling about this, there are loads of us out there feeling the same. Sending out some love to you all, we're all in this together.
And my, what a lot of pleasure he brought us.
Goodbye Carlos. We love you.

That's the important part, I think. What a lot of pleasure indeed. The thought of never seeing more artwork from him is a colossal heartbreak, but thank Grud he was so consistent and so prolific. At the risk of venturing into the melodramatic, Alan Moore was right when he considers artists true alchemists. Turning blank sheets of board into something that truly moves people, that causes them to emote, truly creating something out of nothing. I can't think of a better compliment to pay Carlos.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Angry Vince

Let's take a moment to remember that though Carlos is gone, the impact that he made on all of us is not and that the work that he started continues.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

dancornwell

Richard

Good work Dan!

Very sad news.