Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 September, 2017, 10:30:02 AM
I don't know about reissuing the Extreme Editions digitally, but entire runs of stories might be a good shout. I suppose it depends on future plans, and estimates of how likely digital purchases of the more niche strips are likely to put off people from buying in print should the opportunity arise.
They've already done this with Red Seas and Caballistics. To presumably little effect. Although it was never very well publicised.
We never really die.

Bolt-01

The Red Seas digital collection (both volumes) were superb and really brought home the quality of the series overall.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 22 September, 2017, 10:44:10 AMThey've already done this with Red Seas and Caballistics.
Well, quite, hence my suggestion. I'd sooner they do that than just churn out the old EEs as PDFs. (Although if they did, it'd be piss easy to make your own custom collections anyway.)

The Monarch

I am still sea salty (sorry) about red seas being digital only its why i hope it gets the ultimate edition treatment it deserves

IndigoPrime

It's a shorter series than I realised. Potentially could be shoved into three 250-page hardbacks. (Might be a bit of a squeeze.)

The Monarch

make it four and add some edginton singles like leviathan (assuming thats not in the ampney crucis book) could be a nice wee run

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 September, 2017, 02:32:53 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 22 September, 2017, 10:44:10 AMThey've already done this with Red Seas and Caballistics.
Well, quite, hence my suggestion. I'd sooner they do that than just churn out the old EEs as PDFs. (Although if they did, it'd be piss easy to make your own custom collections anyway.)
I love making custom collections with my 2000AD purchases. I regularly break down my progs into series arcs for easy rereads. And I've pieced together Meg floppy reprints that got spaced out, like putting the final Samantha Slade Robo-Hunter strip From the Ian Gibson collection, into the prior month's Robo-Hunter volumes. So it's continuous. Thank god for drm-free CBRs.

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 September, 2017, 04:49:55 PM
make it four and add some edginton singles like leviathan (assuming thats not in the ampney crucis book) could be a nice wee run
You could toss American Gothic in there, no problem.  I'd say Detonator X too, but that's in color.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bolt-01

I remember really enjoying American Gothic- some lovely Mike Collins art too- he used a really 'rough' style that worked beautifully.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 25 September, 2017, 02:03:22 PM
I remember really enjoying American Gothic- some lovely Mike Collins art too- he used a really 'rough' style that worked beautifully.

Yeah I'd go with that. Mike Collins art was such a striking contrast to what I expect him to do, but so perfect for the strip. At times it reminded me of Klaus Janson.

glassstanley

Another nice floppy this month. A decent collection of 'Terror Tales'. There's a couple of obvious twists, and 1 ending which left me thinking uh?, but on the whole a nice package.

Next month is 'Helium', one from the selection of Unfinished Works by Ian Edginton (when he should have been writing Brass Sun :) )

IndigoPrime

Helium? Odd choice, given that it only ran two years ago.

The Adventurer

Wow. Helium in a floppy? That should of hand a book 2 and been collected in a proper trade by now, wtf!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Fungus

Quote from: The Adventurer on 14 October, 2017, 03:24:01 PM
Wow. Helium in a floppy? That should of hand a book 2 and been collected in a proper trade by now, wtf!

Helium read as a floppy sounds great, one of his best. Yum.

Skullmo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 October, 2017, 03:23:37 PM
Helium? Odd choice, given that it only ran two years ago.

probably because a new series of it will be starting soon and people may need a refresher?
It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 October, 2017, 04:09:02 PMprobably because a new series of it will be starting soon and people may need a refresher?
There is? Must have fallen out of my brain. Well, in that case: good.