Main Menu

Kickstarter advice

Started by clavell, 13 December, 2018, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clavell

Hi.

Can anyone share their experiences with Kickstarter - or any other crowdfunding sites ?
I'm putting something together, and I'd like to know what I'm getting into.
Thanks in advance.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

titchard

I am in the same boat as you, as my friends and are designing a board game that we wish to kickstart.

I work at a university and luckily we have someone doing a talk on crowdfunding next week so I am attending to get all the information that I can! Anything of information I will try and remember to pass along.

Tomwe

A friend Jack Pope just successfully ran his first kickstarter for a board game called Flick Fleet. He asked a similar question prior to launch on twitter. Follow this thread & perhaps check out his blog.

clavell

Hi.

Thanks for the info, guys. I've got a LOT of reading to do  :)

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

we66y

I'm on my second kickstarter right now, my first one (Britformers) was very successful IMO. I asked for the bare minimum to print 50 copies and postage but ended up receiving just under a grand and printing 150 copies.  I put in loads of ground work, set up a web site and s Facebook page, posted on forums etc. I even gave out flyers at conventions.  The second kickstarter I've put less effort into promoting (just because I've been to busy) but the results are less impressive (although it's still 100% backed).  I don't do much for stretch goals or premium backer gifts, I just sell the comics and the original art work.  But next time I might try doing t-shirts and posters etc.