Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii)

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 May, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Reef brings Rogue Trooper® to Wii

Reef Entertainment has confirmed it has agreed an exclusive deal with the UK Developer Rebellion to launch their 2000 AD character Rogue Trooper® videogame globally on Wii�.

For those who donâ??t know the character, Rogue Trooper® is a genetically engineered soldier of the future, and is unique in videogames as he has an distinct armoury; a rifle, helmet and backpack, which contain the â??personalitiesâ?? of his fallen comrades, providing him the capabilities of 4 soldiers in one. A â??biochipâ?? is installed within each â??Genetic Infantrymanâ?? or â??GIâ?? from birth which then records their personalities and training upon their death. These biochips are then removed and can then be inserted within energized slots on a fellow GIâ??s rifle, helmet or backpack to secure them for their return to base and re-cloning.

Rogue Trooper®: The Quartz Zone Massacre is the story of how Rogue Trooper® and his comrades are betrayed by a traitor general on their first mission to an area on Nu Earth known as the Quartz Zone. Only Rogue survives, and joined by his fallen comrades within his equipment, he begins a journey across Nu Earth to find the general and unleash his revenge!

Rogue Trooper® is one of the 2000 ADâ??s most endearing characters. First appearing in 1981, he was created by Gerry Finlay-Day and Dave Gibbons of Watchmen fame and was intended to run only a few years, but fans continually demanded more adventures. Rogue Trooper® has also enjoyed many reincarnations as a videogame throughout the last 20 years, most recently as the critically acclaimed and BAFTA nominated 3rd person shooter on PS2, Xbox and PC.

The Wii version promises to provide even greater immersive gameplay with the unique Wii control interface where kill shots are more accurate and certainly more creative than its console forebears.

In addition, Rebellion has provided additional tweaks and polish to the overall game so ensuring the Wii version of the game is the very best yet.

Peter Rezon, CEO of Reef said; â??Rogue Trooper®:The Quartz Zone Massacre is one of the best games Reef has been involved with, and to win this contract for the Wii version is fantastic. Were taking a hit game to a unique console where we believe the exciting elements weâ??ve added will make this 3rd shooter a hugely successful Wii title.â??

Rogue Trooper®: The Quartz Zone Massacre will be released in Q4 2008

A late port, but interesting news nonetheless. Hopefully Rebellion & Reef will fix some of the issues with the original â?? the difficulty level, for example â?? and polish the game up graphically for the more powerful Wii hardware (though given the history of PS2-to-Wii ports, I hold out little hope).

radiator

I never got round to getting this on original release, but I'd definitely pickup up a Wii version.

ThryllSeekyr

Hmm, but will this be the exact same game.

No doubt there amy be some new features this time around.

The Amstor Computer

No doubt there amy be some new features this time around.

"Additional tweaks and polish" sounds more like correcting minor gameplay issues etc., not new features or content.

Given the general pattern of PS2/GameCube-to-Wii ports, I suspect this is a low-budget affair being handled by a pretty small team, so at the moment Iâ??m not expecting anything more than the PS2 running on the Wii with pointer controls and some limited motion control. Frankly, expecting anything more is a bit too hopeful â?? given that major third parties like Capcom arenâ??t putting anything but the bare minimum of effort into their ports, why should we expect more from Reef & Rebellion?

Keef Monkey

Been thinking about rebuying this for a while now (traded it in when I finished it) and as long as they don't break it by throwing on motion control gimmicks all over the place then this might be the version to go for. It was a great game in my opinion.

ukdane

The idea of getting a Wii is getting more and more appealing.
(Mainly for the kids don't you know, but the wife could play wii-fit, and I could play with the kids).
My main concern is that my bro' just bought a PS3, and wants to play online. I'd rather go for a Wii (sorry, it still makes me smirk)!
Cheers

-Daney

Tiplodocus

tHE BITS WITH THE MORTARS AND BAZOOKAS MIGHT BENEFIT FROM A  bit of "Wii"ing up - I really enjoyed pretending to crank handles in Call of Duty 3 (changig elevation of martar and field guns).  Honest I did.

I had this for teh XBX but only got to play about 3 levels (some unfeasibly breasted Nort is the last bit I remember).

I'll pick it up for the Wii though as I'm missing having a shooter to play with.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

dweezil2

Great news, seeing as it bypassed the Gamecube.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Oh my God, I'm going to have to buy a bloody Wii now.

Something Fishy

Already have this for my PS2 (have a 60 gig ps3 so can still play it) but might just get this for Wii as well.

Dane: Wii is a really great family console, well worth a go.

Tiplodocus

I've never had much luck getting the Missus to pick up a game controller but she's more than happy playing on the Wii.  She's into the DS as well.

Nintendo really tapped into a seam with this TOUCH: GENERATIONS idea.

But she still leaves the room when I put on Resi Evil 4.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

I'll buy it so long as it's not above £30.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Keef Monkey

Mine too, she hardly ever plays the 360, but can happily spend a day on mario galaxy. she did discover the puzzle game in gta4 tonight though, which is going to be her new obsession I think.

Something Fishy

Mine plays XBLA a fair bit on 360 but doesn't play many full games on it (Tomb Raider and Viva Pinata being about it).

She plays DS mostly but also likes to join in on the Wii.  Boom Blox being popular right now and Wii Fit also appealing as she loves Yoga.

I must try that GTA puzzle game.  Does it get unlocked following a certain mission? (i've only just got to the middle island).

Roger Godpleton

You can find it in almost any bar, club or clothes shop.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!