Main Menu

Barney

Started by Funt Solo, 09 June, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgedreddrocks

I love Barney. Please hurry back. Miss you so much!

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 12 June, 2020, 06:28:06 PM
Once this is all sorted out - what would be the best way to add things?  As I recall things like text stories in annuals, everything related to Starlord, Tornado and probably Crisis and Revolver could do with a bit of filling in.  I have all those by the way and am offering.
I guess it will depend in what form Barney makes it back and I don't want to step on Wake's toes there.

Assuming it is resurrected in its existing state then there used to be a thread where people stuck up corrections or, if there's a lot to add/change, you can send it to Wake or me and we can sort it.

What is it that you have? I know a lot of the "Beyond 2000AD" stuff is missing page counts and so on.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 13 June, 2020, 11:28:45 AM
I guess it will depend in what form Barney makes it back and I don't want to step on Wake's toes there.

Assuming it is resurrected in its existing state then there used to be a thread where people stuck up corrections or, if there's a lot to add/change, you can send it to Wake or me and we can sort it.

What is it that you have? I know a lot of the "Beyond 2000AD" stuff is missing page counts and so on.

No worries - I'm not an IT professional but am tech-savvy enough to be the first port of call in my office when there's computer problems.  My favourite html-editor is notepad or gedit, depending on operating system.

Original content-wise, I have in my possession:

• every prog of 2000AD
  • every issue of Starlord
  • the same for Tornado
  • and the Megazine
  • and Lawman of the Future
  • and DC Dredd (main series and Legends of the Law) plus all the Batman/Lobo/Dredd crossovers
  • plus IDW Dredd, Rogue, Anderson, Mars Attacks!, Dredd/Predator/Aliens
  • every annual, special and yearbook for 2000AD, Starlord, Tornado, Dredd and Rogue Trooper, including that 1990s Action special
  • all the poster progs from the 1977 Dan Dare one to the 1995 Dredd film ones (but not the Nemesis one to my eternal chagrin as that's my favourite series)
  • all the Virgin novels
  • everything Games Workshop published with the 2000AD licence, except maybe for a solo variant of one of the boardgames in White Dwarf (I have all the other White Dwarf material)
I've got incomplete runs of:

• novels that came after Virgin
  • roleplaying games that came after Games Workshop
  • current fanzines (Zarjaz, Dogbreath and Sector 13)
I don't have:

• phonecards
  • the old fanzines
  • the latest IDW mini-series - should do something about that when the shops reopen

Funt Solo

That is one helluva comprehensive collection, sir.

---

Just noticed that Touched By the Hand of Tharg was on the same domain as Barney and so is also 404.

I'm planning to dive-chute into Rebellion HQ from low orbit, dodge their phase-resonance scan::laser mesh using a high ordinance tachyon baffler, trigger a localized T-field nano-extrapolater to phase into their server vault and plug that machine back into the wall. Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Funt Solo on 13 June, 2020, 05:31:58 PM
That is one helluva comprehensive collection, sir.

---

Just noticed that Touched By the Hand of Tharg was on the same domain as Barney and so is also 404.

I'm planning to dive-chute into Rebellion HQ from low orbit, dodge their phase-resonance scan::laser mesh using a high ordinance tachyon baffler, trigger a localized T-field nano-extrapolater to phase into their server vault and plug that machine back into the wall. Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!

Just while we're memorializing, the "Touched by the Hand of Tharg" was a key website when I was first reading 2000AD, and I hadn't found the larger 2000AD fandom yet. All this stuff is so important for a comic that doesn't have the world's largest fandom. Some comic lines have multiple fan and official wikis with extensive documentation, for our stuff there are just a few lone outposts of info. They're all valuable and needed! (I mean, needed in a "I like reading out my chosen media" kind of way, you know).
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Wake

2000ad.org is back up this morning

I'm still having difficulty accessing http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/  but http://2000ad.org/markus/ and http://2000ad.org/thrillpower/ are fine. The issue seems to be with the www part of the domain.

Cheers,

Wake

Colin YNWA

I checked in a book, a big book all red leather bound and creeky spined. It was a book that carried authority and value. I opened that book, carefully because it commanded respect and patiently looked through its contents. In it I found the following entry:

Wake - Wakefield Morys-Carter - Probably the greatest example of humankind. Even if he didn't fix it himself he created it and brought the news of its return.

(1) Also see Barney (2000ad) for 'it' / 'its'
(2) Also see 'Person who actually fixed it' / 'Second greatest example of humankind'
(3) Also see 'I, Cosh' maintainer of 'it' - see (1) and previous holder of 'third greatest example of humankind' until the whole not getting his vote in for Alan Grant debacle - now that title belongs to Pete Wells or summit.

I then closed this tome for it had provided all I needed to know. For now. When its needed I'll open the book again I'm sure.

sheridan

Quote from: Wake on 15 June, 2020, 09:49:29 AM
2000ad.org is back up this morning

I'm still having difficulty accessing http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/  but http://2000ad.org/markus/ and http://2000ad.org/thrillpower/ are fine. The issue seems to be with the www part of the domain.

Cheers,

Wake

Well done and thanks.  The artwork home page appears to be back up (though I didn't follow any links to sub pages from there).

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Wake

The www subdomain has now been enabled so all of the pages (that were working before) should now be working. I'm currently preparing the 2019 covers (that the Cosh sent me in December!) for upload.

SpaceSpinner2000

This is excellent news! Thank you for your efforts!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

IndigoPrime

Adding to the chorus: thanks, Wake, for Barney, and also for looking into its temporary demise so quickly.

Funt Solo

---

(But I wouldn't me doing my job as Pedant-in-Chief if I didn't point out that the mediumres of prog 2161 is missing.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Adventurer

Our long national nightmare has finally ended.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

AlexF

:D Happiness is a website called Barney