Main Menu

Which 'villains' would you want to see in Dredd sequels?

Started by judgeblake, 01 August, 2012, 04:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

Quote from: Richard on 06 August, 2012, 12:27:57 AM
NOT the Angel Gang or Rico, for goodness's sake!
The new films should not have anything in them reminiscent of the 1995 film.
Why would you just do a re-hash of the failed, discredited Stallone movie and thereby give all non-fans the impression that there is nothing else to Dredd than the same old recurring villains, as if there is not a huge cast from 1800 back issues of fresh material? I can't think of anything else which would make a sequel less likely to happen.

If Dredd is good enough to change peoples minds then it won't matter who is in any sequel; thoughts of the '95 film will be forever banished and this will be seen as the 'real' and legitimate Judge Dredd.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Tiplodocus

Well written ones that work well within the film story.

Stan Lee and more grounded villains would probably fit the film's recent world aesthetic though.

I'm actually not bothered about the villains for the sequel, I'd be more bothered about the character of Mega City One evolving - I think I'd like that to be closer to the comic.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Beeks

Quote from: pops1983 on 08 August, 2012, 12:05:43 AM
Steve Buscemi should play Max Normal

I mentioned in another thread he would be much better suited to playing Feek the Freak in an Ace Garp movie
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Bat King

Quote from: PreacherCain on 06 August, 2012, 02:30:59 AM
Quote from: Richard on 06 August, 2012, 12:27:57 AM
NOT the Angel Gang or Rico, for goodness's sake!
The new films should not have anything in them reminiscent of the 1995 film.
Why would you just do a re-hash of the failed, discredited Stallone movie and thereby give all non-fans the impression that there is nothing else to Dredd than the same old recurring villains, as if there is not a huge cast from 1800 back issues of fresh material? I can't think of anything else which would make a sequel less likely to happen.

If Dredd is good enough to change peoples minds then it won't matter who is in any sequel; thoughts of the '95 film will be forever banished and this will be seen as the 'real' and legitimate Judge Dredd.

No reason at all they can't be reclaimed. The Angel Gang was actually one of the few bits that didn't annoy me in that other film. The whole Rico storyline, in otherwords the film, was awful.

No reason we can't have loads of films with loads of baddies if it does well in the box office. Keeping the helmet on means we can even have different actors without any silly issues. Dredd aging in real time in the comic means Karl Urban could still be playing him in a few decades time if it goes well.

Of course if the film doesn't do as well as I hope it will. There won't be a sequel.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

hazy efc

Id love too see judge cal and i really think rhys ifans is crazy enough to pull it off  :P

Richmond Clements

Quote from: hazy efc on 18 August, 2012, 04:49:45 PM
Id love too see judge cal and i really think rhys ifans is crazy enough to pull it off  :P
Y'know I hadn't thought of Cal before, but that's a bloody good idea.

Bat King

Quote from: hazy efc on 18 August, 2012, 04:49:45 PM

Book him, now!
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

I, Cosh

Fink would work a lot better as a villain than the rest of the Angels. Played similar to Ratfink he could be a very nasty piece of work.
We never really die.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Satanus would be a good villian for Dredd 3D 2 I think. haha not really, but it would be cool.

P.S this is why they should't have called it Dredd 3D, it makes me sick that name. plus the obvious silly sequel sound.

Bat King

Solution to not liking it called Dredd 3D - go watch the 2D version, it won't be called Dredd 3D.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Frank

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 August, 2012, 03:41:40 AM
this is why they should't have called it Dredd 3D, it makes me sick that name. plus the obvious silly sequel sound.

They could always take a leaf out of Piranha's book. If Mad Men's January Jones played Anderson in DREDD 3DD, they could repurpose John Wagner's existing quote for the poster: "And what a lot they've added ... I found myself reaching out trying to touch things that were dancing before my eyes"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 19 August, 2012, 03:41:40 AM
Satanus would be a good villian for Dredd 3D 2 I think. haha not really, but it would be cool.

P.S this is why they should't have called it Dredd 3D, it makes me sick that name. plus the obvious silly sequel sound.

Quote from: Bat King on 19 August, 2012, 02:56:01 PM
Solution to not liking it called Dredd 3D - go watch the 2D version, it won't be called Dredd 3D.

Neither version is titled DREDD 3D. It has one title.

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex