Main Menu

Calling any animation/ film experts - advice sought

Started by Hegel, 09 January, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hegel

This is a daft enquiry and I know it isn't strictly ideal for this forum but being such undeniably creative and beautiful people I thought I would chance my arm.

Basically what I want to do is take some existing film footage and animate something over it, namely another face. The face doesn't have to be animated itself as long as it can move in line with the original head, and if it looks a bit rough and ready then that could actually add to the overall effect. This is for a joke you see, rather than anything professional.

I also need to be able to edit the soundtrack so that certain words can be inserted over the original dialogue at certain times.

If any of you have any ideas of how this could be achieved, what kind of software would be required etc then I would be most appreciative. If anyone has any notion of what diection to point me in (and kick me in the arse as I go on my way there) I'd also be very thankful.

Mr Eight

The only software you need for that is the animation program called Flash.

You'll be able to animate the face and add to /edit the sound.

It might make it an elaborate joke if you have to go and learn enough Flash to do it, though but what the hell...

link to the Flash demo version:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash&loc=en_gb

Hegel

Thanks dude.

Learning some flash might be a stretch for a daft joke though. Cheers for the reply though :)

Jon

Adobe After Effects? Similar problems to above, but I think it's a little more straight-forward to pick up than Flash (for me, at any rate).

And, of course, you have to 'procure a copy', though you could probably pick up a 30 day trial from the Adobe site easily enough.

Steve Green

Adobe do rentals for the creative suite now.

As for the question itself - yeah AE ships with Mocha which is very good for tracking.

For tutorials I would take a look on www.videocopilot.net