Main Menu

Prog 2181 - Reporting for duty

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2020, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 May, 2020, 01:30:23 PM
Since your memory of this demonstrates the crystal-clarity that mine lacks, I'm curious: is Charybdis directly referenced? If so, fair play, John Tomlinson.

Yup!
@jamesfeistdraws

Greg M.

And now I want to read it again.... Cheers!

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 May, 2020, 02:24:29 PM
Quote from: Richard on 14 May, 2020, 01:17:54 PM
Winwood and Cord didn't actually die. Or, being Indigo Prime operatives, they were dead already.

True, but much like Chopper in Song of the Surfer, the end of Killing Time is infinitely better if they do, as they appear to, Cease to Be.

What he said.  I recently re-read that Garth Ennis Chopper resurrection strip in the Megazine, and while it was fairly entertaining (if surprisingly smutty for the time), I would gladly exchange it for the memory of Chopper dying the absolutely monumental death that John and Colin gave him.

I'm wayyy behind in progs.  I've only read the first Hershey episode so I shouldn't judge, but I have to say I'm very saddened to see yet another poignant and unforgettable McNeil-illustrated death being reversed.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 May, 2020, 03:06:47 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 14 May, 2020, 02:24:29 PM
Quote from: Richard on 14 May, 2020, 01:17:54 PM
Winwood and Cord didn't actually die. Or, being Indigo Prime operatives, they were dead already.

True, but much like Chopper in Song of the Surfer, the end of Killing Time is infinitely better if they do, as they appear to, Cease to Be.

What he said.  I recently re-read that Garth Ennis Chopper resurrection strip in the Megazine, and while it was fairly entertaining (if surprisingly smutty for the time), I would gladly exchange it for the memory of Chopper dying the absolutely monumental death that John and Colin gave him.

I'm wayyy behind in progs.  I've only read the first Hershey episode so I shouldn't judge, but I have to say I'm very saddened to see yet another poignant and unforgettable McNeil-illustrated death being reversed.

Don't forget Johnny Alpha!  ;)
Just America and Bennet Beeny left to bring back now...  :o

JayzusB.Christ

Hadn't you heard? America Jara sent a droid of herself to the Statue of Liberty, and has been working in the Cursed Earth to send an army of Bennett Beeny clones to fight the judges in a forthcoming action packed Garth (Sleez n Ryder, Time Flies) Ennis adventure.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 May, 2020, 06:49:34 PM
Hadn't you heard? America Jara sent a droid of herself to the Statue of Liberty, and has been working in the Cursed Earth to send an army of Bennett Beeny invisible ninja clones to fight the judges in a forthcoming action packed Garth (Sleez n Ryder, Time Flies) Ennis adventure.

FTFY  ;)

JayzusB.Christ

:)

Hopefully illustrated by Glenn (Howard the Duck, a bit of Die Laughing) Fabry, then a less famous airbrush artist when he doesn't get it done in time.

norton canes

• Hmm. Lot of punningly-titled fast food joints in Dredd this prog.
    • That final frame in Aquila absolutely screams 'this is what comics is all about'.
    • Really going to miss SG.
    • Did the last page of the Future Shock not get printed or something..?
    • That's some top-tier cybernetic limbage from Simon Fraser.

Magnetica

Just got my Prog. Glad I waited before contacting Rebellion.

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 21 May, 2020, 09:40:48 AM
Just got my Prog. Glad I waited before contacting Rebellion.

You have more patience that I have.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Just catching up on my Progs after postal delays.

Due to the delays I have hbeen reading them in a different way: several weeks worth of each strip in turn, rather than Prog by Prog. I have to say it really works.

I very much enjoyed this run of Aquila. As others have said it ended a bit abruptly; in fact it wasn't really an ending, more of a pause. Very much looking forward to more. I hope we aren't going to have to wait years.