Main Menu

Tharg the Mighty's Database

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 24 March, 2004, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

I've just found in a cupboard a copy of Tharg the Mighty's Database. It was given away free during the Nineties in Prog 752.

In effect a cigarette style album with 'Datachips' of each of the characters.

Only eight cards were given away free with the comic.

Where you suppposed to buy the rest from the Future Shop?

Did anybody complete there Database?

Smiley

Think so, never saw them anywhere else. I just threw the book and free cards away after a while.

starscape

Datachips came with other issues of the comic.

Still got the book - never completed

ARRISARRIS

....from what i remember you had to pay and send of for the remaining cards which came in a sheet that you had to tear apart and then stick in the album, i completed mine, but hate the rough perforated edges, should have been more like those candy stick/cigarette cards of old...

IndigoPrime

This product always shows up on eBay, with the seller claiming you can just get the stickers elsewhere!

I remember at the time the in-mag Future Shop selling the album and cards for ever-cheaper prices. I guess not too many took the opportunity to buy, because I remember a huge stack of the things being sold in Forbidden Planet, Cardiff for about three quid.

Bolt-01

I've got mine completed. Had to buy the rest of the cards from the future shock. Some lovely art, the Bill Savage pic was used in the recent EE.

Got my logo pin at the same time. Still wearing that.

Bolt-01