Main Menu

Welcome to 2000AD Online

Started by VinceBot, 07 September, 2009, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE ALFISH

Hello Citizens!

I am a Prog one-r who lapsed in the 90s but have been playing catch up for last few years having chatted with 2000ad's own Mike and Ben (both lovely) at Comic-Con a few years ago. How often is something as good as you remember it from childhood? Blake's 7 I am looking at you.

I have never signed up to a forum before now.

Cheers
Judge AlFish

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Colin YNWA

So I'm guessing your never knowingly undersold (and have never heard that before!)

Timon

Bolt-01

Hi Timon, you will need to get your image hosted online somewhere and then post the link here using the 'square bracket' tags.

In the selection of buttons above the post, the button below the B for bold is an 'insert image' button (If you hover over it, it will tell you what each of these does) press that and then insert you image link into the space where the * is.

An example is below where I've broken the tags...

[*img]*http://www.futurequake.co.uk/imagebucket/CoverWebbies/Cover-Z29-Web-Mini.jpg*[/img*]

Hope that helps.

HeidTheBaw

Hi there

My name is Chris, I'm from just west of Glasgow and I've been lurking on the board on and off for a while.

I've been reading 2000ad since I was about 8 or 9, and I started wth issue 529, went back and filled in the gaps as I went on and I have a full run in in the loft, much to my wife's despair.

2000ad is probably as strong as ever, even if there's a bit of a dip in the new talent coming in of late.

I thought I'd drop in and say Hi before I post a question about the new issue of the meg.

Best

Chris

HeidTheBaw

(Not able to post to the other threads - dunno if it's because I'm new. If anyone knows why and they could let me know that would be great)

I, Cosh

Hi Chris. Good to hear you're enjoying the Prog!

And yes, it's because you're new. New accounts are restricted to where they can post (to stop spammers until) a mod upgrades them.

You can always ask here!
We never really die.

HeidTheBaw

Hi, thanks very much

Hi mods, would it be possible to upgrade my account so that I can spots in the spoilers thread?

I'll try ask here anyway.

Did anyone else read the Wagner's Walk collection that was bagged with the new meg?

It seems to have skipped a chapter, as it jumps from a cliffhanger in the previous episode, straight to a completely unrelated scene in the next - and it's clear time has passers

Just wondering if anyone else had the same error, or it was just my copy.

Pretty annoying as I was really enjoying it.

I, Cosh

Quote from: HeidTheBaw on 20 December, 2017, 06:07:18 PM
Did anyone else read the Wagner's Walk collection that was bagged with the new meg?

It seems to have skipped a chapter, as it jumps from a cliffhanger in the previous episode, straight to a completely unrelated scene in the next - and it's clear time has passers

I read this last night and had exactly the same experience. There's a headline at the start of the next episode: "After resting, the three Germans were ready to continue on..." so it looks like there's some reason for it but I've no idea about the original publication.

Not sure if anyone has seen your request to be upgraded yet either. Anyone?
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: I, Cosh on 22 December, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Paypal me a tenner and I'll see what I can do.*

*Which is nothing, but, hey, you can't blame a guy for trying...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

HeidTheBaw

Quote from: I, Cosh on 22 December, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Quote from: HeidTheBaw on 20 December, 2017, 06:07:18 PM

I read this last night and had exactly the same experience. There's a headline at the start of the next episode: "After resting, the three Germans were ready to continue on..." so it looks like there's some reason for it but I've no idea about the original publication.

Thanks for your help mate

I see also that there's some comments re this missing chapter on the thread for this issue of the meg, so it wasn't just my copy that had a chapter missing. They could have maybe stuck a note in the editorial just to let folk know.

A regular page to give a bit of background on the bagged collections would be appreciated, at least for the non 2000ad reprints. I don't know whether that's too much of an overhead but it would have come in handy this month certainly.

Cosier

Longtime lurker. Finally decided to make an account. So... uh, hello!

First prog was 1900, so I guess that makes me one of those new readers that you all worry far too much about (no need to fret, guys, Tharg's doing all the right things to attract us!)