Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swerty

There are some volumes I just won't read so I'm going cherry pickin.
Thanks for the email.

IndigoPrime

If they are for sale locally, go for it. But they're not near me. I figure it's better to buy them all and sell the ones I don't want on eBay.

rogue69

I got my latest 2 issues 2 weeks ago with the letter about the second cover book so I emailed them back the same day, now I have just got an email from them telling me that it is too late for them to not to send out the covers book even though I emailed them straight away. They also told me that I will have to send the book back to them even though it is their error

Tomwe

Quote from: rogue69 on 10 October, 2018, 11:20:19 PM
I got my latest 2 issues 2 weeks ago with the letter about the second cover book so I emailed them back the same day, now I have just got an email from them telling me that it is too late for them to not to send out the covers book even though I emailed them straight away. They also told me that I will have to send the book back to them even though it is their error
Insanity. My books aren't being allocated until tomorrow, it makes very little sense! I imagine you also opted out of the first one as well. Can you point to that as further indication you didn't want it?
There's a free post address if you do end up sending it back by the way:
Hachette Freepost
NEA 9013
Jarrow
NE32 3BR

IndigoPrime

rogue69: when it shows up, consider shoving it on eBay. I sold the one I had recently for 25 quid. Saves faffing about with those idiots, and you might get a bit of extra beer money.

Arkady

Man is was great to read Sinister Dexter and be reminded of how great that strip used to be. I find it borderline unreadable now, but I can't put my finger on why that is.

It's also really hit me how I loved Simon Davis's art in that period. Especially compared to Slaine now.

Arkady

Just started Stront Vol.3. Odd that the intro claims that the Schiklegruber Grab is in Vol.4, when it's in Vol.1.

Arkady

Oh wait ignore me I'm being an idiot. Vol.3 is a Stront Volume 1. Confused my little brain there.

Jade Falcon

Started reading the Robo Hunter book last night.  This to be honest is one of those strips that I really thing hasn't dated well.  There are other things that could have been in the collection.  Although I still think the sheer number of Slaine books is pushing it.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 11 October, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Started reading the Robo Hunter book last night.  This to be honest is one of those strips that I really thing hasn't dated well.

This is the first book in the collection I'm not really looking forwards to.

Arkady

The first one is the only one I abandoned. Came close with Ace Trucking.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 October, 2018, 12:38:33 PM
rogue69: when it shows up, consider shoving it on eBay. I sold the one I had recently for 25 quid. Saves faffing about with those idiots, and you might get a bit of extra beer money.

Alternatively, offer it here.  In addition to the beer money it would also avoid the insanely high proportion of the costs that eBay takes.

Just a thought.

IndigoPrime

Fair point. I have sold a lot of stuff here in the past, but for some reason I didn't with this recent set of books.

Neil C

As I've said on a previous page, I'll happily buy someone's spare copy of the second cover book. Because I support my local thrill merchant rather than subscribe via Hachette, they won't well me a copy.

Jade Falcon

Well I finished the second Sam Slade book.  I really can't say its a series that has dated well, the whole "Year of Song" story with Iron Aggie was particularly painful.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov