Main Menu

Day of the Dead remake/Clive Barker vs. Vinnie Jones

Started by wrly_bird, 26 October, 2007, 11:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

Here's a trailer for the new DAY OF THE DEAD remake.

It almost looks as shite as the new Clive Barker movie, MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN, starring Vinnie Jones!!! Vinnie £=*%ing Jones!!!

Link: http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=596&item=0, http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=844&item=0" target="_blank">http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=596&it

wrly_bird

paulvonscott

I quite like Vinnie Jones in movies...

paulvonscott

I'm not sure I want to line up to be in Clive Barker's Meat Train though.

satchmo

It looks more like a remake of Planet Terror than Day of The Dead. It also looks fucking rubbish!

Richmond Clements

Can't view trailers at work.
But The Midnight Meat Train is a fucking awesome short story.

That said- I do not hold out much hope for the movie, if previous Varker adaptions are anything to go by.

Satanist

"if previous Varker adaptions are anything to go by."

Hurry up and kill him before he Varks us all!

Too late!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Buddy

April 2007 release date... shouldn't we have been in cinemas by now??

Is that Ving Rhymes (SP?) didn't he die in the Dawn of the day remake??

As far as remakes go, it looks very far removed from the original, in a missile silo with no population etc...

Is this an official sequel the Dawn of the dead remake, I seem to remember the zombies had pretty much taken over by the end of that film, looks like everyone in this film wasn't told about that, I mean if the dead were walking the earth you'd soon hear about it, wouldn't you??

One for DVD I think.

Buddy

Sorry: Dawn of the Dead remake, not Dawn of the day.. shee!

vzzbux

Perhaps its going to be his brother (twin), cause didnt he say that he was heading for an army base to unite with his bro,

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

wrly_bird

I'm pretty sure this isn't an official remake. I'm not sure on the details without looking it up, but Romero's zombie movies have suffered from a copyright glitch ever since Night of the Living Dead in 1968, which means that any one can remake any of his zombie films without asking permission. In fact, NOTLD has just been remade a second time in 3D!!! There's a disclaimer at the end of the trailer that says it's in no way endorsed by Romero.

And yeah, that is Ving Rhames.

DavidXBrunt

A mate of mine is a bit of an actor on the side - you can spot him in the Tennant Casanova - and he was in something or another with Vinnie Jones. Sharing stories of embarassing moments Vinnie admitted to telling a joke with the punchline "Don't ask me, I'm the effing poofter they were looking for" on the set of X-men 3 and then wondering why Ian McKellen didn't laugh very much. Apparantly no-one had told Vinnie that McK was gay.

Peter Wolf

Despite my previous rants about remakes etc i think that the latest remakes or at least Dawn of the dead [the film that had Ving Rhames in it ] remake was a vast improvement on all the originals partly because the effects are better and also because the Zombies are not slow useless ,lumbering creatures anymore which makes them a whole lot more life threatening.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Keef Monkey

The Day Of The Dead remake looks utterly shat, was bored before the trailer finished which doesn't bode well for the movie. Meat Train looks much better, it's a great story and as long as Vinnie Jones doesn't speak(which he likely won't) it could be good. Everytime he opened his mouth in X-Men 3 I felt violated in the ears, not helped by the awful lines they had him saying.