Main Menu

DO NOT READ THE NICK FURY ENDING THREAD!!!

Started by wrly_bird, 07 May, 2008, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

Iâ??ll say that again: DO NOT READ THE â??THAT NICK FURY ENDINGâ?? THREAD!!!
Dear Angry Mob,
   Itâ??s my fault. Hands up. I didnâ??t think to put a spoiler warning on the â??Nick Fury Endingâ?? thread I posted earlier. I should point out, though, that this is not the end of the IRON MAN movie itself â?? but a 30-second easter egg they stuck on after the end credits and which a lot of people missed.
   Anyway, my sincere apologies to Keef Monkey, Swimini Tulkas and to anyone else Iâ??ve inadvertently pissed off.
   Iâ??ve already sent an email to the forum guy asking him to remove the thread.
   Apology acceptedâ?¦?

House of Usher

Oh, that's really sweet! You're a kind-hearted soul.
STRIKE !!!

Goaty

but you bring it up again with that topic, dont put that "N*** F***" on!

W. R. Logan

at this rate i wonthave to go and see the movie as the whole thing will have appeared on the board 8-)

the shutdown man

In all fairness, was Freckle Monster's sin really so great? True enough, he didn't actually spoil the ending, but only the 15 second post-credit bit, which some of us have seen, and others didn't get the chance to.

I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that Freckle's only true mistake was referring to the easter egg as an "ending" when it was not, thus making people think they had just had the film spoiled for them, when in fact, one could argue that by leading them in the wrong direction, the surprise value had only been increased.

The defense rests.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

skurvy

James

Aye, the frecks are the new deviants.

The Monarch

Keef Monkey

Aye, but easter egg or ending, it's something that's there to be a surprise, telling people to stay after the credits is enough and means they'll get to experience that surprise for themselves. Or, if you really have to put a link up to it you could just say "Iron Man post-credits easter egg" and let people make their own minds up as to whether they want to click on it. I'm very anti-spoiler, and maybe go a bit overboard with my annoyance over it, but it just seems like common sense to me that you don't go shouting about these things. I've honestly heard people recommend The 6th Sense to people by saying, "you need to watch it, it's totally amazing, it turns out that...." and it just makes my bile stick wobble.

The prosecution rests!

HOWEVER, I do probably take these things a bit seriously, and you did apologise and try to sort it out, so just treat my comments as those of someone who pulled an all nighter on GTA4 last night and is feeling a bit cranky today. Lets not fight, it's sunny!

Satanist

"Lets not fight, it's sunny!"

How dare you! Now you've totally ruined any surprise/reason for me to open my curtains.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Art

DO NOT OPEN THE SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE THREAD!